You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9/PMDG sound problem???

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Today I opened up fs and I got this pop up saying PMDG Sound Processor: error with directsound...??? So I downloaded the directsound.dll and tried putting it in the PMDG SOUND folder and nothing worked? FS doesn't even open. Can someone please help, I really want to play fs Thanks, and here's a picture!

2jcfy3l.jpg

Dave Paige 925700
Posted
Posted

Try re-installing Direct X v9.

Dave Paige

PPL, ASEL, Instrument

925700.png

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149
Posted
Posted
Try re-installing Direct X v9.

I just tried that and it didn't work. Anyone else know?

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

Try this.

Cheers

siggy.png

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149
Posted
Posted
Try this.

Cheers

Thanks Oliver but that doesn't make sense to me? I have VISTA and Vista doesn't work that way? Can you please send me a link to fix this problem with VISTA or explain to me how to do it step by step? Sorry, I'm bad at computers, thanks!

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted
Try this.

Cheers

Thanks Oliver but that doesn't make sense to me? I have VISTA and Vista doesn't work that way? Can you please send me a link to fix this problem with VISTA or explain to me how to do it step by step? Sorry, I'm bad at computers, thanks!

The Link I gave you was for Windows 98, I can't find anything for Vista (Plus I don't use it). Maybe try updating your soundcard drivers?

Cheers

siggy.png

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149
Posted
Posted
Try this.

Cheers

The Link I gave you was for Windows 98, I can't find anything for Vista (Plus I don't use it). Maybe try updating your soundcard drivers?

Cheers

Lol yeah I was wondering why it wouldn't work for me lol. Can someone please send me a link like that to vista? Also a noobie question, but where can I check what type of video card I have so I can update the latest drivers for it?

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149
Posted
Posted

Something really weird just happened! I just plugged in my headset because I had no speakers or anything plugged in at the time and I opened fs and it worked! So then I unplugged my headset and opened fs again and fs didn't work and I got the same pop up? What's going on? Why won't fs work unless I have something plugged in?

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted

You somehow made your headset a Windows standard sound device which is queried by the PMDG.

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

Eamonn McIntyre 1051149
Posted
Posted
You somehow made your headset a Windows standard sound device which is queried by the PMDG.

Yeah the speakers also work too. How can I change it back to normal?