You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Text Atis on Euroscope

Manuel Ramos 1021059

Manuel Ramos 1021059
Posted
Posted

Can you please help me ?

I'm Manuel Ramos ACCPT7 from Protugal-vacc. I'm one off those that are just starting with Euroscope. I fell that I have already learn a lot about it and I'm using it as much as I can; my only problem (and for me is a big problem) is the text ATIS !

I use to have this atis template on VRC and it was perfect ... I tryed to do the same on Euroscope but ... I'm not even geting near of it...

%icao% info %id% %time% winds %winds% visibility %vis%

Sky conditions %clouds% temp %temp% dewpt %dew% altimeter %altim%

%runways%.No taxi via Alfa.

Read back all hold short instructions. Advise you have info %id%.

I see some functions ($... ) but for instance I do not see a function for the Visibility, Sky Conditions, Zulo Time of the Metar, Temp, Dewpt, ...

Please help me I realy want to start using "ONLY" Euroscope and to teach it to other future users.

All The Best,

Manuel Ramos

Portugal-Vacc Webmaster ACCPT7

Portugal-Vacc LPPR Unit Chief

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Manuel. ES is a bit different from VRC. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you are talking about the Voice Atis. If not, I'm not sure you can enter all that in the tree lines on the controller ATIS, when connecting.

About the Voice Atis, you have to build a sound set of files for every metar item and then use, either the auto Atis from some Atis Maker, or update it manually. But you can't use(or at least I'm not aware of it) $functions for the metar. You can also record a whole metar record and just type the text for it.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Manuel,

Todor is right. Since the introduction of the voice ATIS the text ATIS in no more so extremely important. I am sorry to say, that in EuroScope you can use only the function names (started with $) that are described in the http://euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Working_with_keyboard "Available functions" section.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 weeks later...
Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

Hi Manuel, I know that is a bit time consuming making all the voice pieces, but I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you, once get it done, you will forget the ATIS update. Just a piece of advise, try to make all the pieces at one time, because of the enviroment and mood, not always your voice will sound the same.

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Hi Manuel, I just Recorded LFPGinfo with Goldwave , all the rest is the feminine voice already within Euroscope and it works fine. Here is my URL just change the name of the airport and test it.

LFPG_atis:

http://vacchun.hu/td/esmetar.php?metar=$metar(lfpg)&app=ILS&arr=$arrrwy(lfpg)&dep=$deprwy(lfpg)&info=$atiscode

I hope it's all right

Alain

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Did you check the TRL-rules for hungary and LFPG are a match? Otherwise the TRL in the ATIS will be wrong and you should build up a template with UniATIS.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Since I used it, I check very carefully the metar everytime I use it. It's exactly the same as the one on Servinfo so I am very pleased and as they say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The TRL must be adjusted to the local conditions and the update is auto which is superb.

Alain