You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I keep failing the test to be a atc

Lakhbir Singh 936840

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Then you need to actually read the material and study.

Then you should carefully take the test, checking each one of your answers to make sure they are correct before going on to the next one.

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Also, don't be rushing. The first time I took my radar test, I completed it in an incredible 3 minutes, but failed miserably with a 45%. Ever since, I have been taking 40-50 minutes to do exams. In that time, I read each question more than once, be sure to read every option available and not choose the first one that I think is right since there might be an even better one, take into consideration which option is the best one, select it, and take another 5-10 minutes to read the whole exam over again. More time you take, better your score will be. I can almost guarantee it.

Joshua Black

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

If you need any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance with the information please feel free to contact me and I can help you learn the information. My email is: a.bailey9 (at) umiami.edu

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Lakhbir Singh 936840
Posted
Posted
If you need any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance with the information please feel free to contact me and I can help you learn the information. My email is: a.bailey9 (at) umiami.edu

I sent you a email mate, you probably didnt have time to check it, my email address is [email protected] cheers

Lak

SWA1501

Lak Singh

Remember: When in doubt, ask!

Arogon Boldin 1055509
Posted
Posted

ctrl+c ctrl+f ctrl+v are your friends in this. i got 40% without reading or using the website (i was just seeing how much i know). Then i was 1 question off using the ctrl+c ctrl+v technique and after i read everything i got 92%

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is NOT that stupid Bunny. DO NOT Shoot him.

(")_(") .

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

I sent you a email mate, you probably didnt have time to check it, my email address is [email protected] cheers

Lak

I have been out of town with some meetings and whatnot, but I did get your email and I will get back to you later today. My apologies for the delay!

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

My emails to you keep getting sent back to me for some odd reason...

The VATUSA website contains a training link, which will lead further to a "references" link. Read all of the information in that resource, plus some basic information out of the 7110.65 and the AIM, or atleast have them open during the exam to be able to locate the answer. Nobody said you can't use notes or the resources available to you, even while controlling.

These tips should be very helpful and lead to a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing grade on the VATUSA exams. Best of luck!

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Lakhbir Singh 936840
Posted
Posted
ctrl+c ctrl+f ctrl+v are your friends in this. i got 40% without reading or using the website (i was just seeing how much i know). Then i was 1 question off using the ctrl+c ctrl+v technique and after i read everything i got 92%

Exam Failed Score: 60% You will be able to retake your exam on: 06/07/2008 01:22 AM

i did a bit better this time

and whats with the ctrl+c ctrl+f ctrl+v?

SWA1501

Lak Singh

Remember: When in doubt, ask!

David Jedrejcic
Posted
Posted

I don't think you need to concentrate on how to most easily find the answers (that's what the ctrl functions are getting at). I think you just simply need to read the material and study.

The whole point of these tests is to make sure you are familiar with the material required of an air traffic controller, and if you can't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the test, that means you are not familiar enough with the information, and can not provide basic ATC services.

If you get hooked on "the easy way" of p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing the tests, you will make for a very poor controller. You have to take the hard road here and STUDY the material. Keep doing that, and when you are familiar enough with the necessary information, your grade will be a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing one. Just keep at it.

David Jedrejcic

vZDC DATM

UVA DCAFO [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Manager

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Now, Dave is right 100%. You should study and know the material, but I have to say that the majority of my "expertise" has come from working online. Now, like Dave said, study up, but don't forget to have some material open when you are taking the tests... no one expects you to have all this stuff memorized.

Take care,

JM