You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Annoying Buzz

Tanner Litowsky 877756

Tanner Litowsky 877756
Posted
Posted

Hey there, I just got Xplane 9 and Xsqkbox and there is a very annoying buzz everytime someone transmits. I tried both the beta version and the regular version of XSqkbox and no luck. I also installed new sound drivers.

Any help?

N029TY

ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | Phenom 2.3 Quadcore | 4G OCZ Reaper 1066 | 3870X2 (2) Crossfire | 1000W OCZ Power Supply

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted

I have had that before and it went away all by itself. I know others that have encountered the same thing with the same result. The last time it happened to me was after I had plugged in a new usb headset. I configured the headset in XSB, saved, exited and when i started x-plane again it was gone.

ZLA Director of Pilot Relations

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Brian Ratledge 962606
Posted
Posted

Wayne, you've had this same thing before haven't you?

ZLA Director of Pilot Relations

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Affirm. Comes and goes for me. Some people report that the latest version of xsquawkbox fix it, but I wonder--since it's a "comes and goes" problem, if that's not just coincidence.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Lance Hutchinson 960395
Posted
Posted

I've got this issue too with XP9 and either the latest beta or non-beta of XSquawkbox.

I also use VRC and FS9/FSX with FSInn and I do not have the buzz problem in these applications, so I'm not sure if it is Windows drivers, my sound card, or something else...

Lance Hutchinson

ZOA_LH_C3

• 2 months later...
Jefferson Leeper 1038620
Posted
Posted

I have this same problem with the current version of xsquawkbox on two different machines. I revert to 1.00 and the problem has not come back.

I suspect a sound card specific conflict, but that is just a guess. Only some people seem to have an issue.

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

The problem comes and goes for me even when I keep the same version of xsquawkbox. It has all the the signs and symptoms of an uninitialized variable, race condition, interaction with other software, or one of those other non-deterministic conditions that drive programmers absolutely bat-poop crazy. I doubt it has anything to do with a specific version of xsquawkbox.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Mark Williams 1032586
Posted
Posted

I am also seeing this issue, running X-Plane 9, XSquawkbox 1.02 (tried 1.01 too) on Windows Vista. The only difference I have seen is that it doesn't seem to be intermittent like it is for others. I have been set up (at least to listen) for the past week or so and have connected to VatSum perhaps 15-20 times. I have never had a situation where this issue hasn't occured. So, I'd be interested to learn of anyone who has fixed this beyond "it just went away".

Thanks.

Mark

• 3 months later...
Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Wade Williams, the maintainer of xsquawkbox, is asking those experiencing this problem to please report their platform and processor in this thread (x-plane.org).

• 3 weeks later...
Jefferson Leeper 1038620
Posted
Posted

I just upgraded to xsb 1.02 from 1.00 and here the buzz prior to each other person's transmission. Same with 1.01. If I go back to 1.00 it disappears...

I am on xplane 8.65 FAA approved version (www.flypfc.com) and 1.02 of xsb.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

I'm aware of the issue and looking for a fix. You guys will be among the first to know when it's fixed.