Hey there, I just got Xplane 9 and Xsqkbox and there is a very annoying buzz everytime someone transmits. I tried both the beta version and the regular version of XSqkbox and no luck. I also installed new sound drivers.

Any help?

N029TY

ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | Phenom 2.3 Quadcore | 4G OCZ Reaper 1066 | 3870X2 (2) Crossfire | 1000W OCZ Power Supply

I have had that before and it went away all by itself. I know others that have encountered the same thing with the same result. The last time it happened to me was after I had plugged in a new usb headset. I configured the headset in XSB, saved, exited and when i started x-plane again it was gone.

ZLA Director of Pilot Relations

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

• 2 months later...

The problem comes and goes for me even when I keep the same version of xsquawkbox. It has all the the signs and symptoms of an uninitialized variable, race condition, interaction with other software, or one of those other non-deterministic conditions that drive programmers absolutely bat-poop crazy. I doubt it has anything to do with a specific version of xsquawkbox.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

I am also seeing this issue, running X-Plane 9, XSquawkbox 1.02 (tried 1.01 too) on Windows Vista. The only difference I have seen is that it doesn't seem to be intermittent like it is for others. I have been set up (at least to listen) for the past week or so and have connected to VatSum perhaps 15-20 times. I have never had a situation where this issue hasn't occured. So, I'd be interested to learn of anyone who has fixed this beyond "it just went away".

Thanks.

Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...