You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC Channel

Dennis Whitley 952478

Dennis Whitley 952478
Posted
Posted

I thought the ATC Channel was limited to "On line / Off line messages, and a few urget messages !

During FNO, the ATC Channel looked like an AOL chat room at a cheerleader convention:

DEN_CTR "BRB Pepsi Break"

LAX_TWR "Coke fo'evah"

LAX_DEP "Ignore CAO4754, totally incompliant"

LAX_TWR"He's from ATL, no surprise there"

DEN_CTR"Back, I ran out of coke on the last FNO "

And it goes on and on and on forever!

There were also three SUPs on line

Nice work guys !!!

WWW.VATUSA.NET Previous Management

New ATC Click Here

http://flightsimx.cyclops.amnesia.com.au/index.html

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

Oh well.

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted
I thought the ATC Channel was limited to "On line / Off line messages, and a few urget messages !

And I thought you were VATUSA1...

Ooops, times change, sorry...

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Indeed it is, and you used .wallop to alert a Supervisor to such "abuse" correct?

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Matt Bromback
Posted
Posted

During FNO, the ATC Channel looked like an AOL chat room at a cheerleader convention:

DEN_CTR "BRB Pepsi Break"

LAX_TWR "Coke fo'evah"

LAX_TWR"He's from ATL, no surprise there"

DEN_CTR"Back, I ran out of coke on the last FNO Very Happy"

And it goes on and on and on forever!

There were also three SUPs on line

Nice work guys !!!

ahhh....

I see you got a real exciting Friday Night going on at your place...

I always wanted to catch controllers talking about drinks in the ATC chat...

Matt Bromback

Air Traffic Manager

N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au FIR

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Interesting that you know what an AOL chat room at a cheerleader convention looks like...

Anyway, before we head down that slippery slope and I get accused of libel...

Dennis, there is a general rule here that if you have a complaint about something and you want to air it here, then the best thing you can do is not identify the persons accused of this publicly as it is not fair to them. You should be aware of this.

Why isn't it fair? Because you've just taken 4 lines of ATC channel chat from a whole events worth of activity to prove your point. Context is everything when it comes to the facts. If this is all you can complain about after a few hours of FNO, then I think the policy as it stands is doing a pretty good job.

This just looks like you're pulling at straws, looking for something to complain about and attempting to sling some peoples names through the mud. Sour grapes will get you nowhere.

Really, do yourself a favour and just control and fly. Enjoy the network. The pinch of a thorn in your side is ok every now and again, but if it hangs around and doesn't go away it just becomes a pain in the rear.

Cheers!

Paul.

Jason Dambrosio 1002873
Posted
Posted

Dennis Why are you always trying to start Arguments or get someone in trouble? I have not known you long but ever since I have heard of you it has been nothing but negative comments, and i usually don't take word form other people. But then when I go on ZTL Forums and I see some of the stuff that you post in the forums. I have one question do you like picking on people?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

You haven't seen anything. Some of the South American sectors carry on entire conversations.

The ATC channel should not be a chat channel. However, it doesn't bother me if it's used for the occasional coordination message that multiple controllers need to see, such as "Bravo is current." Or, "So-and-so has tower" or "East Ops now in effect."

I realize that's officially against policy - I'm just saying what doesn't bother me.

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

Please do not feed the troll.

That is all.

Mike Evans

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Kyle Rosenquist 994904
Posted
Posted

I usually just enjoy reading the forums and prefer not to get involved in all of the mud slinging that goes on here. However, I honestly have a REALLY hard time understanding how someone with the maturity level of a seven year old ever held the VATUSA1 position. It completely blows my mind.

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Don't worry Kyle, you're not alone.

Darryl Roach 988606
Posted
Posted

I don't see anything wrong with that one.

You haven't seen anything. Some of the South American sectors carry on entire conversations.

The ATC channel should not be a chat channel. However, it doesn't bother me if it's used for the occasional coordination message that multiple controllers need to see, such as "Bravo is current." Or, "So-and-so has tower" or "East Ops now in effect."

I realize that's officially against policy - I'm just saying what doesn't bother me.

Ditto that. The guys down south use it to carry on personal conversation in Spanish most of the time, almost as if they don't know how to use the PM function. This is a really weak subject to complain about compared to the much larger problems with this network.

Why are you worried about what the controllers do to keep themselves awake and inspired, especially during an event? Sure it gets a little silly at times, but a lot of times those are events and the ARTCC is keeping everyone alert by joking around or something. The pilots can't see this, so what's the big deal? Do you have nothing better to do than sit there and copy everything down that we do wrong?

Darryl Roach

0[/url]

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Please do not feed the troll.

That is all.

Yep ... sometimes trolls just have to go hungry.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC