You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM-UK Pilot Mentoring System

David Winters 905945

David Winters 905945
Posted
Posted

I am pleased to annouce that the pilot mentoring system has now been released. It can be found here:

http://www.vatsim-uk.org/pm

The system can also be found in the left hand menu of the main VATSIM-UK wesbite.

Alan has put a lot of work into creating a system which has all the features that the pilot mentors will require, whilst keeping the system easy to use! I'm sure everyone will agree this will aid VATSIM-UK in leading pilot training and will bring lots of benefits to us so thanks Alan!!

New pilots requesting pilot mentoring should be directed to the system where they will be able to sign up and then log into the system. Any questions or queries should be sent to me at new.pilots[at]vatsim-uk.co.uk

Best regards,

David

David Winters

VATSIM-UK New Pilot Co-ordinator - VATUK8

Contact Me!

James Harvey 959593
Posted
Posted

Congrats guys, this was one of the key elements missing from VATUK, glad to see its finally here

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Congrats as well from VACC-SAG! All the best for your training, it will be a blast! We have had great experiences with our pilot training here at VACC-SAG. There will be problems and things will have to be thought over again and again, but it will work out!

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Congratulations David and Alan. Be interesting to discuss the system with you sometime as Pilot Training is something I would like to look at in VATEUD once current projects are complete.

Thomas George

• 1 month later...
Jonathan Gallagher 1071475
Posted
Posted

Hi There.... This is my first post on the forums.

Does any one know when the above will re-open to applications....

Thanks in Advanced

Jonathan Gallagher

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

Hi Jonathan

I can't give you an exact timescale at the moment, with the system being very new we did have an initial rush of people signing up for it which we are trying to work through ASAP. However, we are still running our famous New Pilot's Nights for UK pilots which are open to people who have not managed to get signed up on the system yet, the next one will be in early September and will be announced (with details of how to join in) on the Vatsim-UK website in the Pilot Training Forum http://www.vatsim-uk.org sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Welcome to Vatsim!

Bill Casey

David Winters 905945
Posted
Posted

Jonathan,

The Pilot mentoring system is now open again for new students!

Best regards,

David

David Winters

VATSIM-UK New Pilot Co-ordinator - VATUK8

Contact Me!