We need someone who's good at making Sweatbox files

Hey,

This is David Spektor, the Training Administrator in the Anchorage ARTCC. I am in the process of creating a training program for ZAN, but we are lacking someone with the knowledge of how to create working sweatbox (ACSIM and TWRTrainer) files. If anyone would like to volunteer to help us out. Please either reply to this thread, or send me an e-mail at [email protected] . Thanks in advance!

-David Spektor

ZAN Training Administrator

It's really not that hard. I'd urge anyone interested in creating these files to do it old school, trial and error style. Like I said, it's really not that difficult. Someone with the initiative to learn something like that on their own is of great value to the network.

Ditto. If you already have a sector file, then making sims for it is easy. I made three or four of them for ZHU not too long ago. If there's none for your field, open one for another ARTCC with Notepad and see how they are compiled. It's self-explanatory. If you're just trying to update one it's even easier.

Darryl Roach

0[/url]

When I was the lone staff at Anchorage I was working on the files and I wasn't able to get the aircraft to land in TwrTrainer. They would get about 5 feet above the airport elevation and do a little round traffic pattern right at the threshold and never land. I made a post about it in the Sweatbox forum but no one had anything that would help. They are fairly simple to make. The function to copy the coordinates out of VRC also makes it extremely simple to do.

Kevin Henderson

Anchorage Air Traffic Manager

Are you using the command to put them on final?

add i l j 17R 5

add i l j 17R 10

add i l j 17R 15

Putting them on a "final" manually with coordinates won't do you any good.

Although the whole process of making Sweatbox files appears to be easy, it tends to be quite time consuming. It appears David has already received a reply from someone willing to make files for Anchorage.

Nick, thanks any thing you might have would be helpful.

Harold, that is exactly how the aircraft are added. I couldn't ever figure it out. Once I thought I would beat the system and and just raise the airport elevation so that maybe the planes would land and that didn't do any good either. Maybe it will be worked out as some new files are worked on.

Kevin Henderson

Anchorage Air Traffic Manager