You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX: Acceleration Problems

Garyt Sowada 1050014

Garyt Sowada 1050014
Posted
Posted

I recently bought FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration. FSX Deluxe installed fine and works great. Then I installed Acceleration and tried to play it. A window popped up saying I needed a gForce or Bardeon (don't know the exact name) graphics card. So I had to uninstall FSX all together and reinstall it. But this time, I didn't install Acceleration.

Then I updated my graphics card. I want to try installing Acceleration, but I am afraid that it might do the same thing and I'll have to reinstall FSX AGAIN.

My GC and Processor information:

Up to 252MB Mobile Intel GraphicsMedia Accelerator X3100

Intel Celeron processor 530 (1.73 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache)

FSX: Acceleration Requirements:

DirectX 9 compliant video card or greater, 128 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher

2.0 GHz or higher processor (single core)

If some one could compare the two (I'm not a computer guy) and tell me if it will even work, please let me know.

Thanks

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader

Jim Karn 850752
Posted
Posted

The X3100 is actually DX10 compliant and has Shader 3.0 support. The issue with running FSX and Acceleration will be your weak processor.

Regards,

Jim Karn

2mdotvp.png

Garyt Sowada 1050014
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Is there a way to upgrade it or do I need to buy a new one?

If it was my processor, why did the game tell me my video card wasn't compatible?

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader