You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transmit dropping out

Wade Williams 877539

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

I'm having a VRC problem that's driving me nuts.

I'll go to issue an instruction to an aircraft, and in the middle of my transmission, with the PTT key held firmly down, the transmit light just goes out. I'll quickly re-key and finish the transmission, but it's really affecting my controlling and pilots are complaining.

TS is working fine, VRC is working fine in all other aspects. I'm using XP with all patches applied.

Any thoughts?

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Three immediate guesses:

Wireless keyboard? If so, make sure there's no setting on any software that would limit the amount of time it transmits a keypress to the receiver. Also, check batteries.

Is sticky keys setting in Windows turned on? Control Panel>Accessibility Options>Keyboard.

Other than that...

Has it always happened? Does it happen for other keys? Go to notepad and hold down "a" or some other key.

How old/new is this keyboard?

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Matt Davies
Posted
Posted

Wade,

I had the same problem - Basically, to fix it, in VRC, goto "Settings" > "Audio Devices" and change "Microphone Input Device" to DirectSound. Headset Outpout and Speaker Output Device to "Wave".

That should do the trick