I think people who are more likely to be knowledgeable and able to help would be floating around the "VRC Help" forum, that might solve your problem quicker, I can't find anything about compatibility on the VRC website, but Ross Carlson will soon show up and save the day.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

I love VRC. It's the only ATC client I use.

That said, you are using a 10 year old operating system Dillon.

I'd recommend you try ASRC, or upgrade your hardware/OS. (I know, money issues may preclude that option, but you have to realize a decade is an incredibly long time when it comes to computers). I only suggest ASRC because it is simpler and has been around a lot longer - thereby perhaps offering a little more older OS compatibility.

I've never tried to use 98...but I would at least double check your internet connection, any firewalls, routers, and any other problem that might prevent VRC from connecting.

When I've seen the downloading server list message for a while, it's been a firewall problem. Although...in those situations, I've always been able to go up, hit Connect and still connect to the network fine (even though the message sits there saying it's not downloading).

Steve Ogrodowski