You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Graphics Issue while flying FSX

Eric McCloud 1067190

Eric McCloud 1067190
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have windows XP and running FSX. My video card is EVGA 8600GT and the current driver installed is 6.14.11.7779 (It is a beta version). The problems comes when I begin descent for landing usually around 2000ft above ground. I get these tall thin vertical spikes all over my screen. It has been happening for quite some time and cant figure out the issue. The temp. on the GPU has never exceeded 171F. And I have a 620 watt power supply. I cant figure it out, thinking of getting newer graphics card and upgrading to Vista which is what FSX was designed for.

Any suggestions would be helpful

CPU AMD 5600+ 2.8

3Gigs of ram

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi eric

your dark "spikes" may be a memory leak issue (im not sure how to check as i had it before and it was really bad when using spot view and scrolling round the a/c quickly, i was advised it was a driver problem but since found out it may probably a memory leak issue, i have the 8600gts 512 and using driver 163.75 (this driver also displayed the same characteristics and so did other drivers,) but im also using nhancer to sort all my jaggies out.

the "spikes" just sorted itself out(somehow)

my card is clocked from 675 - 1008 to 745 - 1080 and my temps are at 52 deg f, i think that unless your cards clocked your temp may be a bit high at171 deg f(78 deg c) im not sure whether that could cause it

sorry i cant help other than that and hope someone else can advise some more

regards

paul

newironmic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Eric McCloud 1067190
Posted
Posted

I found out what the issue was. The problem was due to not enough virtual memory. A while back I went into my computer and messed with my virtual memory settings....I should have just left it alone. I no longer have those strange spikes on my screen.....so just let the system manage your virtual memory and dont mess with it lol