You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Albuquerque cant select dep procedure

Lennart Vedin

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Say I like to fly KPHX-KLAX.

I look Vatsim -> Albuquerque -> Pilot Info

KPHX Departures Prefered route to KLAX say "BXK1.PKE J104 TNP.PDZ4 KLAX" (no matter but the link "BXK1" after seams broken, as all gif links).

Now I want to find the the SID for the route.

I look ZAB Airports -> Departure Procedures (DPs)

It say:

Bargn One Departure (Description)

(Updated!) Buckeye Two Departure (Description)

Chezz Two Departure (Description)

Chily One Departure (Description)

Dsert One Departure (Description)

Maxxo One Departure (Description)

(Updated!) Mobie Two Departure (Description)

Rimmm One Departure (Description)

Silow One Departure (Description)

Small One Departure (Description)

St. Johns Three Departure (Description)

(Updated!) Stanfield Two Departure (Description)

Vanzz One Departure (Description)

I do not know how to find the matching departute Description for BXK1.PKE , how do I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]osiate e.g. BXK1.PKE with any of the departure names ?

Thanks !

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Travis Faudree 821145
Posted
Posted

In the US, there are no DPs for specific runways for the most part. In mountainous terrain, you may find a few, but for the most part, one DP works for every runway. Sometimes, the same DPs and STARs work for multiple airports in an area (see DC and NY). Anyway, each one of those DPs for PHX have a full name, but if it is named for a VOR, the routing will use the VOR's 3 letter identifier. In this case, BXK1 is the Buckeye One. The next fix is the transition on that DP, which would be to the Parker VOR. From Parker you join J104 and then on to LAX.

Luckily I have all charts for the continental US which I purchased off of ebay for 15 bucks. They're a year old, so there are a few discrepencies. When I find I don't have a correct chart, www.myairplane.com is where I go. They have a full database of approach charts. Choosing which one to use is more of a chore, as if you don't know which one you need, you have to look at them all and see which direction they go..

Hope this helps,

Travis

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted
Say I like to fly KPHX-KLAX.

I look Vatsim -> Albuquerque -> Pilot Info

KPHX Departures Prefered route to KLAX say "BXK1.PKE J104 TNP.PDZ4 KLAX" (no matter but the link "BXK1" after seams broken, as all gif links).

Now I want to find the the SID for the route.

I look ZAB Airports -> Departure Procedures (DPs)

It say:

Bargn One Departure (Description)

(Updated!) Buckeye Two Departure (Description)

Chezz Two Departure (Description)

Chily One Departure (Description)

Dsert One Departure (Description)

Maxxo One Departure (Description)

(Updated!) Mobie Two Departure (Description)

Rimmm One Departure (Description)

Silow One Departure (Description)

Small One Departure (Description)

St. Johns Three Departure (Description)

(Updated!) Stanfield Two Departure (Description)

Vanzz One Departure (Description)

I do not know how to find the matching departute Description for BXK1.PKE , how do I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]osiate e.g. BXK1.PKE with any of the departure names ?

Thanks !

It's a legitamate question and made harder because BXK1 should now be BXK2 which would have helped...It's the Buckeye2 departure. And there isn't really a way you would have known. Many times the abbreviated departure name is easily related to the full; but in this case not so much. I think the "X" is used becuase it is sometimes referred to as a "cross buck" so maybe it fits with "Buck"eye, I don't know, I'm reaching there.

In any case, as Travis said, myairplane.com is a great resource for US charts and you can just click on the departure you guess BXK1 is and the title on the plate will tell you if you were right

Jason Harris

3712.png

Edward Sterling
Posted
Posted

Lennart,

Sorry you were having trouble with the ZAB web site. The whole site died several weeks ago and was out of service until about six days ago. The chief has most of it working; however, some links may not be working.

For your info, the Buckeye Two (BXK2) departure procedure is what you need. The preferred route for Buckeye1 (BXK1) has not been updated yet. If the link is broken then try myairplane.com. Ed

Ed Sterling

ZAB C3/G-EDCS