You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim connection

Matias Montini 1066974

Matias Montini 1066974
Posted
Posted

I use X plane 9 on mac OS X 10.5.4 and I would like to know how to connect the sim to vatsim, I been reading some posts, and I know that I have to use XSB, and I already got it, but I don't know what I have to do with it. Thanks!

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hi Matias,

Please visit www.vatsim.net/prc and that should resolve your issues.

Matias Montini 1066974
Posted
Posted

But Im not a new pilot, I been using FSX on vatsim for 1 year, but now I sold my PC and I got a MAC, and I don't now how to connect X plane to vatsim... Thank you anyways.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

You need to get the VATSIM XPlane plugin and follow the install instructions.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Steve Ogrodowski 876322
Posted
Posted
But Im not a new pilot, I been using FSX on vatsim for 1 year, but now I sold my PC and I got a MAC, and I don't now how to connect X plane to vatsim... Thank you anyways.

The first sections of the PRC will explain the software for Xplane though. Xplane uses a different piece of software to connect to VATSIM (since it has different ways of sending it's flight data than Flight Simulator does).

Steve Ogrodowski

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Between the README that comes with Xsquawkbox and the references provided in this thread, you have the information you need to connect to the network. Very briefly, you install the plugin (copying the files to the appropriate plug-ins folder), start up Xplane, go to the Plugins->XSquawkbox menu, click CONNECT, and then you're off to the races.

You should also configure your audio preferences (volumes, input/output devices) and configure a PTT button/key, all of which are done within the XSB menus.