You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX, Vista, and Servinfo

Jackson McAfee 1075051

Jackson McAfee 1075051
Posted
Posted

I have installed Servinfo 2.02 on my machine with Utimate Vista and the program runs fine. However, when I tried to access the Help file, I got the message that Win Help 32 does not work in Vista and one has to download a fix in order to read the Help file. So, I went to Microsoft and downloaded the new Win Help file. When I go back to Servinfo and try to access the Help File I get the message that it can not open the file. So back to the Microsoft site and to the knowledge base. For the error message I am getting I am told this is a security problem and I need to change an item in the registry, specifically to Allow Intranet Access. So, I back up my registry and proceed to fine the subkey to make the change. The subkey is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Winhelp. But, guess what, I can find no such subkey. I guess that means thqt when I thought I was installing Win help, it really wasn't installed. However, when I try to run the update again, it gives me the message that this Update is not needed. So, I am stymied. Has anyone else had this problem with Vista or does anyone have any ideas as to where I can go from here.

Jackson McAfee

• 8 months later...
Ivan Rivas 841353
Posted
Posted

I'm having this exact same problem with Visat Home Edition.

Captain Ginns

CEO

Lynx Airways Worldwide

www.lynxairways.com

Andrew Podner 994055
Posted
Posted

If you are not running ServInfo in an appropriate compatibility mode, it may help to try it. No guarantees, but it is a starting point.

Andrew Podner

Division Director

VATUSA