You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Level-D 767 Radio Tuning

Jordan Forrest 1057452

Jordan Forrest 1057452
Posted
Posted

Hiya folks.

Just got myself into the VATSIM world now that squawkbox 4 is available for FSX. I've been using the PMDG 747 with no problems, but with the 767 I can't seem to get comms to work. I tune the radio to the correct frequency as I would with the 747, and when I press transmit I get that horrid noise letting me know I'm not transmitting on a valid frequency. I can't hear anyone else either, which confirms I'm not in radio contact.

What I don't understand is why, when I'm not doing anything different to when I'm flying the 747?

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Jordan

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Check the bottom right corner of the SB window. Does it show a frequency? If not then you have no power to the radios.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Robert Kurtz 1034837
Posted
Posted
Hiya folks.

Just got myself into the VATSIM world now that squawkbox 4 is available for FSX. I've been using the PMDG 747 with no problems, but with the 767 I can't seem to get comms to work. I tune the radio to the correct frequency as I would with the 747, and when I press transmit I get that horrid noise letting me know I'm not transmitting on a valid frequency. I can't hear anyone else either, which confirms I'm not in radio contact.

What I don't understand is why, when I'm not doing anything different to when I'm flying the 747?

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Jordan

Go to the LDS forums and search "Comm" either by itself, or "sb4 comm" or "vatsim comm" or "sb4 radio" you'll find all you need to know.

(you'll want to register for the licensed member forum, if you haven't already)

3711154647_0eac39f1a2_o.jpg

Jordan Forrest 1057452
Posted
Posted

Thanks Robbert, I found a solution - hydraulics needed to be pressurised for the radios to work

Weird.

• 9 years later...
Jonathan Pleil 1179575
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I'm having this issue where Vpilot will not let me transmit ton any freq in the LevelD 767. I don't get any blue lights for the Freq or anything.

DAL4760.png

• 11 months later...
Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
Hey guys, I'm having this issue where Vpilot will not let me transmit ton any freq in the LevelD 767. I don't get any blue lights for the Freq or anything.

Check the previous message

hydraulics needed to be pressurised for the radios to work

767.jpg

Specifically, the middle switch "AIR" needs to be either on or "auto" for the radios to work

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015