You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice/Microphone

Matt Stagg 900323

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hey All,

I thought this was the best area for this subject since there isnt a area for computer help. sorry if I have put this topic into the wrong section of the forums

I am having a few problems trying to get my microphone to work

I have this same topic in another forum which I started ages ago before these forums opened up http://www.vatpac.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4061

The Microphone was working perfectly fine before my computer got a virus and I had to reformat the computer. What I find is werid when doing the microphone test in AVC it picks up the computer sounds eg if I have media player playing something or hitting the transmit button in AVC where it makes a noice and all of these things play back at me after the test but it doesnt pick up whats going on in the room, Also it does the same thing when the sound is off!!! I have also tried the windows sound recorder and get the same result as AVC. I have tried reformatting a few times and still have had no luck. I have done Sound Card updates and tried everything I know in my power. I have also done remote [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance with several people and have had no luck as well. I am all out of ideas and so are the people that have tried to help me out

If anyone could help me fix this problem that would be great thanks!

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

double click on the speaker icon in the system tray near the clock.

options -> properties

select recording

click OK

deselect everything except microphone.

Hope it solves the problem.

Luca

PS: i looked this up on the italian version of window so some words might be different...

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Mike Fries
Posted
Posted

same applies for english windows

0.png

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Yeap I have tried that.. and no luck I may as well say that my computer cannot take microphones any more since I got that nasty virus. Its not fair lol. hopefully I get a new computer or a USB microphone

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

Matt i can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you it's not a virus problem. Some sound cards offer the ability to record from themselves. That is, they allow users to take what would normally be played through the speakers and route it back as an input. This is how yours is setup now. What Luca suggested you do in an earlier post is right on the money. You have to make sure that your microphone is selected as the recording device and nothing else. If you're 100% sure that it's setup that way then i'll ask you this...

What kind of microphone is it? Does it plug into the soundcard?

What is selected in the AVC as the audio input device?

In your control panel under "Sounds" what is setup as teh default recording device and default voice device?

Chris Serio

AVC Developer

Christopher Serio,

Developer XTower/AVC/XSB/ACSim (Sweatbox)

667.png

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris,

Yes all thoughs questions are correct I have done them all but the funny thing is that is was working before I reformatted (reformatted because a virus and windows would only start up in safe mode) and I have tried reformatting it since and still no luck. What do you think about a USB microphone?

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Dave Weese 817228
Posted
Posted

USB Mic is the way to go, never heard anything bad about it and everyone says best thing they have ever got for there computer. Why you may ask?

Because its USB it works like a second or stand alone sound card for your mic.

As for you mic problem check this..

Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Device Prop -> Audio tab -> Sound recording volume button.

Make sure your Microphone is the device selected.

Dave Weese (CXA007)

Fleet Manager

Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®

http://www.CanadianXpress.ca