You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CH vs Saitek

Sam Cowan 979498

Sam Cowan 979498
Posted
Posted

ok, so for Xmas my folks said i could get either 2 Saitek throttles or 1 CH prod TQ. My question is which should i get? I am already using the CH Prod yoke and Rudder pedals, and love them, but i think im going to get the Saitek as it looks to have more range of motion and such. I have a few questions about the Saiteks:

Do they make nice with other CH products, like my yoke and rudder pedals?

Is their range of motion as good as it seems, also:

Is it as vertical movement on it as it seems?

Is there a detent for reverse thrust? is RT easy to setup- note: i have FSUIPC

anything i should know about?

Sam

bannercopy.jpg

Ah, Windows: An operating system that makes you shut your computer off by clicking a button marked "Start"

James Nicholson 1043826
Posted
Posted

well i have CH pro yoke and pedels to also i have the Saitek X52 joystick and throttle

there is one thing you should know about the Saitek X52 the cable that connects the throttle to the joystick comes undone easy if you move the cable (even poke it) so that has ben a problem for me

also the USB that connects the throttle to the computer is a little lose so yeah

Live Life To Its Fullest, Just Dont Over Fill It.

USA5550 James "CJ" Nicholson

Proud member of

generate-signature.php?login=USA5550

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I have the Saitek pro flight yoke system with rudder pedals, and I can say Ive never been happier, it is a fantastic piece of hardware and I would highly recommend it.

955672.png

Allen Martin 1084625
Posted
Posted

CH Pro Pedals all the way. Had the same set for 4 years now, and only 1 problem during the entire life of ownership. Sometimes the left toe brake was spiking unless you had your heel firmly planted down. Opened it up, adjusted 1 tab, and it's as good as new.

I avoided the X-52 simply because I hate twisty sticks, and my X-45 had hat switch failures after a year of Aces High 2. If you have pedals, there's no point. Went with a TM Cougar Hotas, but a CH stick would have done just as well for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Sam,

don't know if you have made your choice yet, but I got 2 Saitek TQ for Thx Givin and they rock. When you line up and advance four levers to a full power take-off, or pull back for reverse, you just know what you have been missing all these days . I use Saitek G11 Keyb, CH Yoke, Sai Tek Commander, Sai Tek pedals and I was using a Saitek X52, which is still connected but not in use, only incase my Yoke fails. Since I usually fly the 744 or the concorde, both 4 engines, it came with a "whatchamacallit" (sorry don't know the name yet) that basically joined 4 levers and gives you a handle to advance all to-gether. I used one for flaps and the last one for spoilers, although I haven't set it up correctly. It has 6 buttons with two detents each, and I haven't set them all up. And I was able to set reverse thrust even without FSUIPC. They work like the Airbus reversers, where u have a 0 and u pull back more for reverse... Just remember one thing, after you install them set all the null zones for the levers to well...null otherwise throttles will never advance to full 100%. This was all in FSX, I will be trying it on FS9 tonight and will also post a picture if I get to it!! Saitek also comes with a s/w and an an SST, a profiler, but usually you don't need them.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1