You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower view only for FSINN

Didier Quevauvilliers 1075

Posted
Posted

Hi ive just installed Euroscope, and gonna hopefully be an ATC on FS,

As far as I understand tower view in Euroscope is only available through FSINN?and not SB4?

I have SB and I would like to stay with it,can I have both running FSINN and SB? for the use of ATC?

Thanks

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
The tower view feature is inspired by the similar possibility of VRC by Ross Carlson. But actually the implementation is totally different in EuroScope. Due to the built in simulator there is already a small FSD server inside EuroScope. This server can be also used to be connected by an FSD pilot client like SB3 or FSInn. Using this idea the tower view implemented in EuroScope is based on the FSD protocol rather than an FS multiplayer connect.

After some test and support request we decided to us FSInn (http://www.mcdu.com/en/index.php) as the FSD client for EuroScope tower view. There are some reasons why FSInn was selected and SB3 is dropped:

- FSInn can be used in other networks not only on VATSIM. Because of that it did not need any kind of modifications to connect to the built-in FSD server. On the other hand SB2 tests if the server has a valid VATSIM ID and do not connect to other places (nor to EuroScope).

- When I asked for technical [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance for the feature Benjamin Fells immediately responded to me and advised my all the information I needed. Unfortunately I have not receive even a negative answer from the SB3 team if we can work together.

Yes you can have both FSInn and SB4 on your PC, and use them both.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Didier,

Actually ES is ready to be connected to SB3/SB4, but unfortunately I have never received and answers from the developers to agree on some minor, but necessary issues.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Posted
Posted

Hi thanks for the reply,

now If I am logged in on ES (as a tower controller) with my VATSIM ID, and I want to go into FS and SB and watch from the tower view, I obviously cant logg on using the same VATSIM ID, I hear I can use the IP 127.0.0.1? with no login details but it doesnt work?any idea what to do?

Thanks

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Works for me and it's beautiful with FSX! If FS and ES are on the same computer then that's exactly what you do but you must use FSInn for the reasons given.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 4 weeks later...
Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

It doesn't work, because you are trying to use SB and ES. You have to use FSInn for the tower view