You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hand Mic

Todor Atanasov 878664

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, I didn't sure if this is for this section or the Computer Hardware section, if so, forgive me, the Moderators can move it

Now for my question , does any one uses something like this, in the picture below, and if yes, did you buy it from somewhere or did you make it your self.

microphone_large.jpg

Josh Guyer 1031616
Posted
Posted

I don't see why you'd use a hand held mic, because at least from my experience, I might need both hands to type or use the mouse.

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Headset with a USB jack instead of an audio 3.5mm or whatever size jack.

Can then fly on flight simulator and listen to ATC in headset and aircraft noises on speakers.

As ATC, can hear pilot radio comms through headset and VRC sounds (beeps and such) through speakers.

Don't need to hold the mike as it sits on your head. so you can do useful things like type, use a mouse, and talk through the mike at the same time.

Otherwise you might find the need to grow a third hand.

logitech_clearchat_clear_chat_Pro_USB_pc_Headset_headphone.gif

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Colm Fitzgerald 1037650
Posted
Posted

I can see a handheld mic with a PTT on the mic itself being useful for pilots during cruise (to remove headset) but for controlling any busy sort of station I would only use a headset

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

A USB headset (or a non-USB headset with a second sound card) is the only choice for me. The reason for either USB or a second sound card is so that ATC can be routed to my ears and airplane sounds to my speakers. That makes much easier to hear ATC than if both come through the speakers.

Also, a hand-held mic. will add some delay to your readbacks.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Steve Ogrodowski 876322
Posted
Posted

To answer the question: No, I haven't.

Are you planning on using a mic stand or something else to hold it...or are you literally planning on holding it?

Steve Ogrodowski

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Guys, I know the advantages and disadvantages of using Hand Mic. Yes I'm also using headset. The things is that in real life this mic is used in Bulgarian ATM and I wanted to try it in VATSIM. Using EuroScope, where almost everything is done via the mouse and less and less pilots use text, I don't have problem with "shortage" of hands. Even now I'm holding the mouse and pressing the PTT, so your hand is always used to transmit, so it doesn't have any big difference if it on the keyboard or holding the mic and you can always switch to headset at any time. My question was if any one had one or have made one

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

This is what I was talking about:

VACC-SAG Forum: http://board.vacc-sag.org/14/5473/

mic640.jpg

the problem is that Peiker I can find only on eBay.de and I can't register