You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sweatbox Connection Issues

Kevin Meyers 1048575

Kevin Meyers 1048575
Posted
Posted

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that I cannot remain connected to sweatbox for more than a few minutes before it disconnects me. I connect to sweatbox normally, then I will just lose connection even though everything seems okay at the time. But the weird thing is, on the live Vatsim server, I never get disconnected. I never used to have this problem. I have looked through my settings, my firewall, etc. and haven't found anything that looks to be a problem. I wouldn't be able to say the exact day I started having this issue as I don't log into sweatbox every day, but I noticed it first within the past week.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

ZLA DATM

ZLA Events Coordinator

ZLA Staff Instructor

Graduate of ZLA Pilot Certification Program

-Kevin Meyers

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

Which client are you using to connect to the Sweatbox server? Is there any error or warning messages?

Craig P

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Kevin Meyers 1048575
Posted
Posted

I'm using VRC, and there are no error messages. Everything seems normal, then WHAM, all the aircraft targets disappear and at the bottom it says "disconnected".

ZLA DATM

ZLA Events Coordinator

ZLA Staff Instructor

Graduate of ZLA Pilot Certification Program

-Kevin Meyers

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

I run Vista and had one isolated instance of being unable to load aircraft into ACSim last week. Concurrently another person also trying to load aircraft into ACSim had the same problem with an error message being given and then the aircraft loaded up would be lost after a couple of seconds. I have never seen this problem before. I was able to get things running normally by resetting the winsock by doing the following which I found online via a search.

Click on Start button.

Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.

Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.

Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

Restart the computer.