You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Scenery Addons in Vatsim

Alex Ramsey 1030318

Alex Ramsey 1030318
Posted
Posted

I am fairly new to Vatsim and was curious as to how the network handles scenery. A lot of addon scenery has different elevation from the defaults.

Any further explanation would be appreciated.

St. Maarten Express

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

The general rule is, the more true real airport, the better. ATC primary persume as in real life, and available good charts are as real life, and pilots seams perfere be up to real life.

However, it is not required by pilots to use any addon sceneries.

You can see at airports pilots use different sceneries. Also addon are more or less up to real life.

Many local VATSIM organisation (see VATSIM right side "Region" ), provide links to free sceneries.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Sven Groot 1044304
Posted
Posted

"The network" as such doesn't to anything to handle them. Yes, that means you can have pilots who taxi on the gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts], park in a lake, or float a few feet off the ground because they have a different scenery than you.

If you have a specific scenery for an airport it can be helpful to note that in your remarks, so ATC can keep that in mind when giving you gate [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments or taxi instructions (e.g. if you fly to London Heathrow EGLL it helps if you let ATC know via the remarks if you have scenery that includes terminal 5).

Creator of VATSIM Monitor, a sidebar gadget for Windows Vista.

7996.png

Alex Ramsey 1030318
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the reply.

This clears up a lot of confusion. I am starting a VA...and our primary hub is Princess Juliana...so we will be using the Fly Tampa scenery.

Basically same situation as on my old FS Host server.

St. Maarten Express