You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FPS Problem on all settings

Sam Coates 971206

Sam Coates 971206
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you all. I recently bought a new PC and have been testing it out. I had a few problems at first trying to set FS9 up - In windowed mode everytime I changed views the sounds changed but the view didn't and the screen kind of froze. I was told to disable Windows Aero, which I did, and it fixed it. Since then I haven't been able very good fps. Before I disabled Windows Aero I got 115fps with the default Baron, from the top down view. If I try that new with the same settings I get around 20... No matter what settings I use in FS I get similar fps which is frustating. My specs are:

Q6600 2.4GHz

3GB RAM

nVidia 9300GS 256mb (being replaced)

And my OS is Windows Vista 32 bit - I'm not sure if it's just the computer not being able to cope or theres a problem, but i'd like to try and fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, Well I know in certain veiws the FPS goes through the roof at even 120fps. When you start using cockpit and VC it should fall back down to 20-40fps. Thats a more realistic FPS. The advantage certain views have is that they don't need Anti Aliasing...mainly the windowed views and 3rd person views.