You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saitek Yoke and rudders

Robin Klaver 1028725

Robin Klaver 1028725
Posted
Posted

Hello other X-Plane pilots!

I'd love to buy the Saitek Flight Control Yoke (with Throttle Quadrant) and Rudder Pedals. But I have one question about it.

Is it compactible with X-Plane version 8? And work they on the same time? Because I know stories, that only one controller can be used in X-Plane 8.

Thank you very much !

Regardings,

Robin Klaver

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

I don't have any direct experience with that brand, but I definitely have used more than one controller with X-plane 8.

Antonio Palmieri
Posted
Posted

Hey friend.

I have X-Plane 9. The Saitek Flight Pro system works a beauty with X-Plane. It's incredibly smooth and effective. I only have yoke, pedals and throttles and I am very happy with the combination.

I cannot guarantee about v8. But I don't see why it shouldn't work. I used v8 with the Saitek X52 stick and throttle and it was great. X-Plane was recommending to actually get a yoke for the better experience already then and with previous versions too. I think it would work but.... don't blame me if it doesn't Someone else here will certainly be able to answer that.

While on the subject, there are some modifications that can be made to the yoke to give it an even more realistic feeling. It comes designed to rest in the middle of all axis, pitch and roll, so whenever you let it go it will come back to centre. This is nice. But in real life the control does not act that way. If you are on the ground and leave your yoke to the left, there it will stay. But nothing to think about for now. I'd say GET IT! And a few weeks or months down the line, if you don't like the detent, come back here and I'll tell you more!

Ciao.

Antonio

Robin Klaver 1028725
Posted
Posted

Oke, looks nice ! I am definitely going to buy the controllers. And I hope that it will work with V8. Maybe someone have that experience?

Otherwice, X-Plane 9 looks also wicked.

Greetings Robin

Paul Hernan 1087920
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

Saitek Yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals work great on my iMac 3.06 and X-Plane 9. Every single button can be customized to any controls you wish. Really a good choice.

Take care, iPaul

Christian Jensen 982570
Posted
Posted

Hi - new guy here (first post actually). I'm on a MacPro I have X-plane 8 - willing to buy 9 . Will this be acceptable for Vatsim flight? Ie: Mac's work on Vatsim?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Either X-plane 8 or 9 will work fine. Macs connect to VATSIM via XSquawkBox:

http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xsb/download.php

Christian Jensen 982570
Posted
Posted

Sounds good...

On the XSquawkBox FAQ I found: "Q: Does XSquawkBox work on the new Intel DuoCore Macintoshes?? A: XSquawkBox will only work on these machines if X-Plane is forced into emulation mode under Rosetta. You can do this using the Get Info dialog box on x-plane itself, but running X-Plane under emulation kills framerate. I do plan to make a universal version of XSquawkBox, but it will take a while to finish it."

Sorta sounds like I'm out of luck as my machine is Intel DuoCore. Yes?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Christian,

That note is WAY old. XSB runs fine on both PowerPC and Intel Macintoshes and has for quite sometime. I'll let Ben know he needs to remove that note.