You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Microphone Calibration

Sotiris Soteriou 1067245

Sotiris Soteriou 1067245
Posted
Posted

Hi there fellow simmers,

I have read through many of the various threads containing problems and solutions to microphone calibration. I have done many of the suggestions that are offered and still have not been able to calibrate my mic to work with VATSIM. When I use SQ4 , I go to the option to calibrate the mic and the result is always the same "There seems to be a problem with your microphone". I find this strange as I have used 3 sets of microphones and all seem to have the same problem, but when I use them in other applications, like SKYPE, MSN, VOIPSTUNT etc ... the other people can hear me chrystal clear. How then does my microphone have a problem ?

Is there a possibility that the voice port is blocked by my ISP ? Is this is the case what port is it so that I can check ?

Apart from this I would accept any suggestions on this matter.

Thank you in advance

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Ensure the input device is correctly selected within SB4's options. If it is then run the test and listen to the playback.

If it sounds ok then it probably is!

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

It's happened for every mic i've used as well. I just ignore it and listen to the playback and it always sounds good.

• 3 weeks later...
Mark Akeman 1090621
Posted
Posted

I ran into the same problem, got a USB headset, took about 3 hours to get it right talking to one controller, changed from ATC ground to Tower, tower could not understand a thing i was saying.

I think there needs to be a comm standardization in the Vatsim network, possibily a test tone and a modulation check so that all pilots and ATC can check their gear before logging in, or a utility in fsfdt to use

??????????????????????????????

Also FSCopilot does not save or remember the settings I put in for the voice and mic sliders , I must reset them every time i start up a session,

Good Luck

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Switching to WAV seems to help.

Mark Akeman 1090621
Posted
Posted

I have been using wave, I think it changes when you change volume settings in windows, using XP????

I'm still experimenting with it, if I happen across something I will share my results with all