ACSim headings

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I have the same problem with ACSim with my Thailand files. They are about 15 degrees off from what I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign. The weird thing is that it works fine with my ZKC ARTCC files. Shawn is it still doing that for you or did you find anything out. It has been over 3 months since you posted.

John Holt

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

• 9 months later...

A few years ago while instructing at Seattle we ran into a similiar problem. It turns out that we had a sector file where we used pseudo-NDBs to indicate the MVA in an area. Not suprisingly, these NDBs were named things like "060" and "120". When you then issued a heading of "060" to an airplane, it happily flew direct to the "NDB". It may be a longshot but check your sector file for any such waypoints or navaids. Magnetic variation should be specified in the sector file and could cause an issue but I've never heard of a 60 degree difference!

Tomas Hansson

A few years ago while instructing at Seattle we ran into a similiar problem. It turns out that we had a sector file where we used pseudo-NDBs to indicate the MVA in an area. Not suprisingly, these NDBs were named things like "060" and "120". When you then issued a heading of "060" to an airplane, it happily flew direct to the "NDB". It may be a longshot but check your sector file for any such waypoints or navaids. Magnetic variation should be specified in the sector file and could cause an issue but I've never heard of a 60 degree difference!

Hey Thomas,

This doesn't seem to be the issue we're having. I think it has something to do with adding a line in the sector file or something.

Thanks for the response