You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice communications in the simulator

Dean Van Landeghem 955719

Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I'm having a few small problems in the Euroscope simulator.

I'm able to setup a training session, let the trainee connect, put aircraft on the airport, i see the trainee online, and he can modify aircraft data tags etc,..

The only thing i can't figure out is the radio's. What exactly do the instructor and trainee have to setup, in order to see each other as active controllers?

Meaning voice servers and so on, when i try to connec to for example voice2.vacc-sag.org, it won't connect. Also, for the trainee to connect to the host-ip, doesnt work.

There is an option for the instructor, to identify yourself as another controller on the simulator, by ticking the box, then the trainee can see the instructor as another active controller, in the controller list. however, i can't figure out how the trainee can become an active controller, seen from the instructors point of view.

Summarised, how does it work, to create normal voice-communications between the controllers, allowing the instructor to transmit as an aircraft on the trainee's primary freq? What server/channel/ip,.. do you use?

Thanks for the help guys!!

Kind regards,

Dean Van Landeghem

ACCBE3

Belux vACC Training Director

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Dean,

There is a strict restriction form VATSIM that noone can use their voice servers without authentication. This authentication needs a connection to any VATSIM servers. There your login number and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is checked and you can use the voice servers.

It is implemented in ES in the following way. You have to connect to VATSIM directly into any position, or possible as observer. After a successful connect you can connect to any voice server to any voice channel. Then disconnect. Your voice connection is dropped only 30 seconds later. During this 30 seconds if you start your a simulator session or connect to a simulator server your voice connection is not dropped at all. That makes it possible to use the voice servers on private training sessions.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Posted
Posted

Fantastic!

Thanks for the reply Gergely, i will try this out right now. I'll post again in case of further questions.

Kind regards,

Dean Van Landeghem

ACCBE3

Posted
Posted

Hi,

Still having some small issues.

Thanks for the trick, connecting to vatsim, setting up a voice channel, disconnect and then continue on the server works perfectly!

However, i don't get my trainee to connect to this same server. Does he have to use the same technique? Also, Who has to take the primary freq? or both?

Thanks,

Dean Van Landeghem

ACCBE3

Posted
Posted

Disregard the last post.

All works perfectly now. Thanks for the help Gergely!

Brgds,

Dean Van Landeghem

ACCBE3