You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saitek Throttles

Sam Cowan 979498

Sam Cowan 979498
Posted
Posted

Well, i got two saiteks for xmas, and the first thing i have to say is thank god i have FSUIPC. so here is my quick review: the throttles themselves are great, the only complaint being that the reverser detent can be a bit flaky. however, and this was the big problem, was that the software that came with it was absolute [Mod - lovely stuff]. i would use much stronger words, but alas, i cannot. if i did not have FSUIPC, i would not have been able to do much, but with it they are great. so a bit of advice to others; do not buy these without planning on getting FSIPC with them. you simply will be extremely dissapointed if you do. But with FSUIPC, after two hours, i got them working for two aircraft, HOWEVER! the reason it took two hours is that i had never used FSUIPC for axis controlment, and had to read the manual and get familiar. if you get the throttles, read the section of the UIPC manual on throttle [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment, you will need to. you really, really need to. after programming the first aircraft - that took about 1:30- i was able to configure my second, a B200B, in 30 minutes, and even then the only problem was that i had accidentally hit the set button on the wrong axis on a completely unnecesary tab, moved tabs without resetting, couldnt figure why the axis was misbehaving, then went through and saw it, and the only reason that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignement got there was because i had not read the manual. i have attached several images of my complete setup:

my entire area, though it is a family comp:

317.jpg

my beautiful monitor:

316.jpg

and finally, a view of my comp, throttles, yoke, and pedals.

315.jpg

so for the throttles, i rate them a four and one half stars out of five, but if i include the software, that drops to a three star out of five, and if FSUIPC were included with the throttles instead of saiteks "software" then it would be a 5/5.

Sam

bannercopy.jpg

Ah, Windows: An operating system that makes you shut your computer off by clicking a button marked "Start"

David Voogd 857885
Posted
Posted

The throttles are quite nice, I especially like the amount of travel they have vs. the CH ones, lets you make far more precise settings.

David V