You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Staying out of an Artcc while still an S-1

Anthony Baker 1080999

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

If I leave an artcc and don't join a new one can I stay like that? if so for how long? (where I can still keep my rating )

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

Yes you can, and for as long as you like. Ratings do not expire.

Tim Krajcar

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

thank you for the fast reply tim

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Like Tim said, but you will more than likely have to do all the testing for the ARTCC you move to. (When you rejoin) For example, If I leave ZSE and move over to Boston, and I'm a C3, I still have to do all the testing, and get rated from DEL and upwards. Not sure if this will enter the equation your looking for, but I thought I'd p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it on anyways.

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

Yes - region-specific training and facility qualifications may have time expiration per local ARTCC policy (although, per the GRP, there are plenty of areas you can still control at). Normal VATSIM ratings (S-1, S-3, C-1, C-3) do not expire, however.

Tim Krajcar