You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Uninstall Scenery

Bernard Flannery 929346

Bernard Flannery 929346
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

Dont know if this is the right board but I need to uninstall a major USA city from FS2004 scenery file....and reinstall with a newly released version? How do I do this correctly?

Regards,

Berne 929346

In a learning world...

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Did you put it into it's own folder? If so, just delete the folder.

Bernard Flannery 929346
Posted
Posted

Hi ,

Well as Im lost....in particular its the KBOS scenery I need to locate and remove, so I just checked out the Scenery folders and I dont see a KBOS file of any sort? Can you give me an file ext to look for?

Thanks for the reply,

Berne

In a learning world...

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

It really all depends on how you installed it. You can always go to the Scenery Library and just uncheck it from being used.

Bernard Flannery 929346
Posted
Posted

I just deleted the KBOS scenery file, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else required before doing the obvious.

Thanks,

Berne

In a learning world...

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Following at least for FS9.

1)

If you put all your addon in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture" your lost, you can only disable all or none addon. To find particular sceneries in there may be too hard.

2)

If you put each addon in a new folder e.g. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\KBOS" then no need to delete files, just unselect the scenery.

Addon''s included installation-file, you just click to install, typicall are installed as 2), you should be able to recognize related name and just unselect the addon-sceney in FS.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png