You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Display settings dialog problem

Luca Vetturi 874351

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

Hi gents, I have here a little problem I'd like to solve with your help.

One new member of my vACC is having this issue: this is what he sees in the "Display Settings..." menu.

Could you please confirm that even if he loaded a non-euroscope-100%compatible sct file, he should anyway have the whole, empty, tree displayed?

He should have loaded the italian sct file made for euroscope, so it should display well, but even in the case he isn't loading the right sct file, something is missing IMHO.

Can anyone help?

michelerosa.jpg

Thx a lot.

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Luca can we have that sct file for testing. You are saying that both non ES sct file and a ES's sct file failed to display the elements? But I do see the "Free Text " and "Sector" information...so there might be some comment in the file that is blocking the rest of the data.... Just a guess

Jacques Malan 995061
Posted
Posted

Luca,

Euroscope does not display the tree if it is not defined in the sector file.

It will only display items that are defined in the sector file between square brackets. eg:

[VOR]

[Runway]

[GEO]

The two items displayed in your screenshot are actually defined in the position file (.ESE), so it seems that euroscope did not read the sector file at all. or the file is empty.

I would look at possible virus infections,

Also, he must look at the Message dialog (Other Set, Message Dialog) for any error messages that could help solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Jacques Malan

VATSIM Supervisor

atc1o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Jacques, Luca,

If you still fail to load and display the sectorfile then (as Todor requested) send us the SCT file for evaluating. There always might be problem in the SCT reader.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

Thx. I'll try to get back to that user and ask him further details. Anyway reading your posts made me think that it could also be a vista problem, not having enough privileges to read the sct file. I'll let you know.

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter