You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Display Problem

Craig Phillips 947617

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

After a lot of persuasion, I decided to try using ES as a controller client. But I have run into a problem. This problem occurs when panning with the Right Mouse Button held and moving the mouse. This is what happens when I move the mouse to the right.

esprob.jpg

This screenshot has not been edited in any way. As you can see the aircraft are still drawn, but the sector is not. When I release the Right Mouse Button the sector reappears normally.

This problem doesn't occur (to my knowledge) when zooming. Unless it is happening very quickly so I cant see it Any ideas or fixes to why this may be happening?

Many thanks

Craig Phillips

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Hi,

that is normal behaviour. ES loads the necessary data only if panning is complete, so reduce the system load (at least I guess that this is the reason)

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Craig, ES doesn't have any acceleration support like directX or OpenGL, all is drawn native, so it is normal to take some time to redraw the radar, especially for a screen as dense as your. As Oliver suggested, try to limit your screen objects to the one you need.

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

I thought that may be the reason why. Because I can load up the sector in my ASE program (which uses OpenGL) fine.

Thanks Anyways.

Craig

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)