You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tag Questions

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I have a few questions regarding the tags.

1) At time of handoff, I do not see the "I" change to the frequency of the next controller? Is there a reason for this?

2) The last waypoint is always COPX and not the last waypoint of the flightplan in my sector ?

3) Does ES have quicklook (like VRC) for tags so you don't have to double click to see the full tag. Perhaps this is a custom tag edit that I will have to do using the tag editor.

thanks,

Mark.

847924.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Mark,

1. What do you mean by I? Is that the next sector indicator? If so then there is no way to remain I when the transfer is initiated.

2. Do you mean next COPX point? COPX is displayed if ES can not find any exit point defined.

3. Yes, .seeall. But limited to SUP (may be it is a bad idea).

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

1. What do you mean by I? Is that the next sector indicator? If so then there is no way to remain I when the transfer is initiated.

- Yes, the ID of the next controller does not show up and the next controllers frequency does not change within 3 minutes of handoff.

2. Do you mean next COPX point? COPX is displayed if ES can not find any exit point defined.

- Yes that is what I mean. It never has another point in the tag. Does this mean no exit points have been defined in the ESE file ?

3. Yes, .seeall. But limited to SUP (may be it is a bad idea)

- Actually after re-reading the manual today, I think the problem is that ES does not recognize the difference between various planes (no concern, tracked, about to enter airspace, etc). Again I have to think this is an issue with the ESE file that has been created for my ARTCC.

thanks for your response,

Mark.

847924.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Mark, please check your ESE file and see when online in the Controllers list you have the correct IDs for the Positions around you. If you don't see the next controller freq and the COPX you might have some bug in your ESE file.