You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

print screen disabled

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

anyone know how to enable the print screen button if its disabled? for some reason on my laptop this button doesnt work. ive tried taking screenshots with it then seeing if itll paste, nothing. ive also tried FSScreen and snapper. neither works because they rely on that button to work.

any other programs that will let you select a different hot key to snap shots with? i had one before that did, cant remember the name of it

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Most laptops use action buttons to allow keys to have multiple functions.

Mine for example doubles the INS key up as the PrtSc when pressed along with the function key.

This would be my first thing to check.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Most likely you're not making this mistake, but I'll mention it to you just in case. If you have multiple screen capturing programs loaded you probably won't have a paste available after the capture because it would have already sent the print screen buffer to the loaded program. I once had one loaded that was locked up. Then I had the circomestance you described.

You might check and make sure that none of your capturing program is loading at startup, then restart the computer (to insure the system is clean of all the capturing programs), then test the print screen button.

At the time when I was having problems, I believe it was the snapper program that was locked up... not capturing, but preventing the print screen function from being available to any other program.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nah this wasnt working even before i got those programs. i got those hoping theyd somehow work

how do i edit the action keys? have tried using the windows help but nothing in there about it

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

downloaded FRAPs just now. im able to use it to take screenshots

weird tho. my print screen button doubles with the Insert key, and i was able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the insert key to take the shots