You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ground to ground communications

Miguel Angel Armas Cayarga

Posted
Posted

Hi everybody, first of all I want to thanks ES developers (Beta Testers included) for that great work, it's amazing!!!!

I have tried many times to establish ground-to-ground communications via voice with other controllers using ES but didn't work, I have read that part on the manual and following it, but got nothing.

Please could somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Armas Jr

Havana FIR Controller

SIMUCUBA

Miguel Armas Jr

Havana FIR Air Traffic Manager - VATCAR12

VATCAR Division

atc1o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

What is happening when you try to open G-G comm? What is the color of the icon on the controller list when you try G-G comm? Do you have a firewall and do you have your UDP and TCP ports open?

Posted
Posted

It seemed to be connected OK, i got the blue intercom icon near the other controller name, but when I try to transmit using the secondary PTT the controller didn't hear me, I can't hear him neither. The ground to air works perfectly, so I suppose that the ports needed are open, would be possible to establish G2A perfectly but not G2G? Thanks again

Miguel Armas jr

Miguel Armas Jr

Havana FIR Air Traffic Manager - VATCAR12

VATCAR Division

atc1o.png

Ricardo Ponestke Seara 870
Posted
Posted
It seemed to be connected OK, i got the blue intercom icon near the other controller name, but when I try to transmit using the secondary PTT the controller didn't hear me, I can't hear him neither. The ground to air works perfectly, so I suppose that the ports needed are open, would be possible to establish G2A perfectly but not G2G? Thanks again

Miguel Armas jr

I got the same Issue as Miguel. I have opened all ports on my firewall, and got no results. I even turned off my firewall to see if there was something missing, but no result ( the icon get Blue... i Use the 2nd ppt key to talk but nothing happens, neighter at my PC or to the other ATC).

What else can we both be missing? or doing wrong??

870457.jpg

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Check your Secondary Output and Mic devices. Also double check the Secondary PTT . What are you PC spec?

Posted
Posted

Check your Secondary Output and Mic devices. Also double check the Secondary PTT . What are you PC spec?

My 2nd output and Mic are running fine. If i use them to other channels comm air-air, like enter at SBCP_APP as secondary channel, it works ok, i can communicate using the 2nd key, and using the 1st key i comm at my primary frequency.

Unfortunately This is not the case.

870457.jpg

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ricardo,

Opening the port is not enough for G2G communication if you are behind a router. When you request a G2G communication and the other party accepts then hi tries to connect to your UDP port. If you are behind a router you should foward this UDP port to your computer to make the connection successful.

Edited by Guest

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Posted
Posted

Opening the port is not enough for G2G communication if you are behind a router. When you request a G2G communication and the other party accepts then hi tries to connect to your UDP port. If you are behind a router you should foward this UDP port to your computer to make the connection cuccessful.

BINGO!

Thanks for that insght!

I was forgeting this little "step" to follow. I will try it once i get back home from office.

Thanks!

870457.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Federico Navarro
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem of not being able to communicate G2G, Monitoring frequency can not, and after a time let no receipt in the frequency communications of the pilots, but only if they receive back to communicate something.

Federico Navarro

AMERICAS RVP 

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

A long time ago, I had the same problem, the reason was my Internet provider. They had some strange (and yet very efficient ) security technique, they were closing my incoming ports after one minute, if no outcoming data was transmitted from me. So I was able to hear a pilot only after I have pressed the PTT...every 1 minute