You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

headset

Adam Kaleniak 1089652

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

i just bought a new headset, and i was wondering, is there a way to set it up so only ATC communications come through the headset and the flightsim sounds come through my speakers? or do i need 2 separate sound cards? thanks

adam

Roberto Silva 1084140
Posted
Posted

If your computer has front and rear sound panel outputs you can do it with one card

3151.png

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

it does, so do i just plug the speakers in one end, and the headset in the other?

Roberto Silva 1084140
Posted
Posted

yes, after you get into FSX you need to go to the settings then sound there you will finfd the option at the buttom to set the oudio output

3151.png

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

i went into the options, but no matter what option i chose, all sounds came from the headset

adam

Roberto Silva 1084140
Posted
Posted

you need to activate fsx atc and transmit for it to change. if that doesnt work add me you your messenger list so we can talk about the possible troubleshoot.

[email protected]

[email protected]

3151.png

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

ok, ill give that a go right now and report back. thanks for helping out

Roberto Silva 1084140
Posted
Posted

did it work?

3151.png

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

negative, it is still all coming from the headset

Roberto Silva 1084140
Posted
Posted

You may need to update your sound card drivers, you can also check on the sound card options, for example mine has a test feature on the sound management software and it alows me to see if this feature is on if not I can activate it from the sound mixer properties.

3151.png

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

im using the sound ports that came with my mobo, as i do not have an independent sound card. could this be the problem?

Roberto Silva 1084140
Posted
Posted

it isnt on mine, if you have a mic use the either of the messengers (doing some pattern work for school) flight pattern.

3151.png

Adam Kaleniak 1089652
Posted
Posted

can u clarify?

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Save yourself a ton of trouble and just get a USB headset.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

In any case you do need two hardware output audio devices, and installed in Windows. See Windows "Sound and Audio Devices" in Control panel, if you can select default output device from two or more devices in the list.

Notice Front and read in/out connector does not typical mean you have two audio devices.

If you get USB headset then you will automatically get one more audio device (in addition to e.g. your motherboard audio device).

If you already have two output audio device in your computer, then you can select one for FS-sound and an other for an analog headset.

FS9 output sound use Windows default output device (the one you have select in Windows "Sound and Audio Devices" as default).

In Squawkbox (Im pretty sure FSInn as well), you can select any installed input and output device from a list.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

You stated what I wanted to write, and just didn't have the energy to Lennart, thanks.

I can confirm that FSInn also allows you to select from your list of available sound devices.