You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What is the right software????

Felix Prohaska 1095261

Felix Prohaska 1095261
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I am 13 years old and a new member from germany (my english is not so good ) . I have a problem:

What is the right version of Sqawkbox for Microsoft Flightsimulator 2000, and where can I find it

Thanks for your help!!

who spelling mistakes finds may it keep! Grammar errors must be delivered!

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hello all,

I am 13 years old and a new member from germany (my english is not so good ) . I have a problem:

What is the right version of Sqawkbox for Microsoft Flightsimulator 2000, and where can I find it

Thanks for your help!!

Hi, Felix. Reviewing the PRC it doesn’t appear that FS2000 is currently supported by any of the available client software.

VATSIM is a free service and you don’t have to purchase anything to use VATSIM, so I hate to make a reference to any cost. But I just checked and you can find a used version of FS2004 on Amazon for as low as $9.00. You can find it new for $19.00.

Flight Simulator 2004 on Amazon ($9-19):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000096L71/ref=cm_rdp_olp

You can get FSX for a simulator price

Flight Simulator X on Amazon: ($8-19):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000GCH62C/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233515846&sr=1-1

Flight Simulator X Deluxe ($22-31):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000GCJ6MK/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1233515974&sr=1-1

My recommendation is that, if you can afford it, to get the latest, FSX Deluxe. The FSX Deluxe version ships with added features you might look for later, but are not a necessity for connecting to VATSIM. Check the minimum system requirements. It’ll work on just about any computers bought new today. They don’t have to be super machines. I run it on old machines that are below the recommended requirements without problems. I just turn down the sliders.

By the way, welcome to VATSIM. I’m sure you’ll have a great educational experience networking with serious Flight Simulator hobiest.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted
Reviewing the PRC it doesn’t appear that FS2000 is currently supported by any of the available client software.

Negative, SB2.3 is working perfectly with FS2000 (FS7).

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Reviewing the PRC it doesn’t appear that FS2000 is currently supported by any of the available client software.

Negative, SB2.3 is working perfectly with FS2000 (FS7).

I don't see where to get all those patches that were necessary for operating SB2.3. I looked in the PRC before posting me message. Will you post the details of what he will need to do that. I can't find it. I even looked on www.squawbox.ca . I only spent about 10 minutes looking so I might have missed something.

Thanks.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Larry,

SB2.3 is still linked from the Pilot Software page from www.vatsim.net

It states

Squawkbox 2.3 Beta for FS2000

Pilot client required for FS2000 only. For later versions use Squawkbox 3. Requires AVC to provde voice capabilities (see link on this page)

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi Larry,

SB2.3 is still linked from the Pilot Software page from www.vatsim.net

It states

Squawkbox 2.3 Beta for FS2000

Pilot client required for FS2000 only. For later versions use Squawkbox 3. Requires AVC to provde voice capabilities (see link on this page)

Hi, Norman. I had done a little research before posting my message. I had missed the link you gave me. I was going to test the suggestion. None of the files linked on that page appears to be available. I tried to download sb2.3, hostsb.dll update (which I remember was necessary when I was running sb2.3) and AVC.

If you post a source for those files, I’ll test the download and maybe save some time for a new user. I recall the problems I had when trying to get the files necessary for connecting to VATSIM. The links goes to pages with the files and I was able to download them and sort things out. At present they goes to pages, but no files.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Larry,

The SB2.3 download came down from AVSIM just fine http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=13142

hostsb.dllisn't needed - it merely lets you run things within a window using WideFS

AVC whilst linked, is then forwarded to another project the AVC author was involved in. I have a local copy here which works fine - Ive even tried it using an RW Switcher with success.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi Larry,

The SB2.3 download came down from AVSIM just fine http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=13142

hostsb.dllisn't needed - it merely lets you run things within a window using WideFS

AVC whilst linked, is then forwarded to another project the AVC author was involved in. I have a local copy here which works fine - Ive even tried it using an RW Switcher with success.

Thanks. He'll find the file VIA your message. However he won't find the file VIA the link on any of the VATSIM pages or Squawkbox pages which I extensively checked before posting my previous message to you. That was why I asked you for a link to spare the user of trying to do something I couldn't achieve.

The www.vatsim.net gives this link ( http://library.avsim.net/?DownloadID=13142 ) which takes the user to a page, but not to a file. I couldn't find sb2.3 via that page. Your link takes the user to a file. The file's name is sb-fs2002.zip, which I would never have figured out without your help.

That was what I was originally asked Alexander for.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Larry,

Thankfully the file ID is the same. It would appear that AVSIM have changed the way files are linked in their library as well as their forum.

SB2.x has no connection with SB3 & 4 aside from sharing a name.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

I'll take a look and see if we can improve the quality of the links. Tim

Tim Krajcar

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I'll take a look and see if we can improve the quality of the links. Tim

You might also consider making a reference to SB4 in the PRC software setup page. All the regular users know from the NOTAM about SB4, but new users might be initially lost concerning the availability.

-- L. James

--

L. D. james

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

I don't have direct control over PRC content; I'll mention it to those who do. Tim

Tim Krajcar

Felix Prohaska 1095261
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your help!

I was ill since monday so I couldnt answer.

I have now downloaded Squawkbox 2.3Bete and installed it.

Than I have opened FS 2000. After that I have opened Squawkbox. Than I selected Internet-TPC Relation/IP-Relation für Direct play. After that he said I should select search Game. If I do it a window opens and I gave in 127.0.0.1 how it is in the manual. And than he loaded for hours. Is this OK??? Or what is wrong??

Thanks

Felix Prohaska 1095261
Posted
Posted

I already solved this problem !

But I have got another:

I have opened the FS Navigator with the FS and than he said:

"To use the program you must first create a scenery database from the flight simulator data. Close the flight simulator and run the programm FSNavDBC."

I have openedFSNavDBC and clicked of "create" And then he said this: I can not find the scenery Chicago with the path:

C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\FS 2000\...\scenery.fs\chicago\Scenery\*.BGL

But all my sceneries are in C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\FS2000\scenedb

Can someone tell me how I can change this path or what can I make else????????

Please help me

Thanks