You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Underscore and '-' are not accepted by the command line

Riccardo Medri 1040875

Riccardo Medri 1040875
Posted
Posted

I experience a strange problem: when I try to type the minus sign ' - ' or the underscore '_' (that on my keyboard are on the same key) in the command line nothing happen whilst when I type that in any other windows the key works well!!!!

Is there anybody else with the same problem?

Thanks,

Riccardo Medri

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

Ricky,

try to go to Other Set -> General settings

and make sure:

1) the ASEL (aircraft radio select) is "+"

2) the other field next to ASEL (should be called something like "radio frequency", I don't have it in front of me now) is set to something different than - or _... I myself have it set to "\" (Backslash, on the Italian keyboard layout the backslash is located left of 1, above the Tab).

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Riccardo Medri 1040875
Posted
Posted

Thanks Luca,

I checked as you told me bue they where set properly... It doesn't solve the problem!

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Riccardo try to reinstall EuroScope.ttf or even EuroScope. Also open Word or Wordpad, select EuroScope font and type "_" and "-" and see if you get any other characters.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Riccardo,

Luca is right. There are only four characters that you simply can not enter to the chat window. Your ASEL, FSEL and the two PTT buttons.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer