You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mike problem

Simon Dix 886200

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted

I am trying to get into online flying.

However as of this time it is not possible as I cannot get my mike to work. it has worked in the past.

I thought it was my old headset an Audio Force Feedback so I purchased a new one a Creative Fatal1ty HS1000.

It still does not work. I can receive sound, of good quality but cannot transmit speech.

I have tried the setup Wizard for the Microphone and Speech Recognition on my OS which is Vista Home Premium.

My sound card is a Soundblaster Audigy..

It has got to be something simple but as of yet I cannot work out what it is. When trying to setup the messages I get state that the voice is the same as the background noise, the Mike is switched off, use the windows mixers etc

If it bears any relation to the problem when I use the FS( atc the sound is normal. If I use Radar Contact the voices are high and tinny.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Simon

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Two things to check that can be easily overlooked.

Does the Mic have a Mute switch on it?

Did you check the Mixer properties to make sure the Mic is not muted there as well as checking the Input level?

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted

Thanksfor the reply. The mike has a mute but that is not switched on. The mixer properties I am not sure where to find them. I have been on system device and sound and hardware on the control panel. Everything there seems to be OK. More advice as how to double check please?

Simon

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted (edited)

Duplicated message removed.

Edited by Guest

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Which pilot client are you using?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www/apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted

Squawkbox. But on all the voice programmes I get the same mesasage when I try to calibrate that the transmission noise is the same as the background noise. On the windows speech recognition wizrd nothing registers on the window bar at all, when the ttransmit button is pressed.

It mentions an inferior quality microphone is bpossibly being used, but one of the headsets is an audio forcefeedback and the creative shoould not be inferior either.

I have also tried it on Teamspeak, and Advance Voice Client. No difference.

Simon

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted

Got the mike working but can only transmit by using switch on headset not the keyboard. Hopefully should not be a problem.

Thanks for the help.

Simon

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

So you have a hard wired switch on the headset that allows the Mic to transmit? So it sounds like it's working as intended, and maybe there is a way for it to always be on.

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted

Yes it is now, but when I tried the switch before I made the posts it was not working, but I got it to work by trial and error and going through the various bits of software that came with the install CD, although none actually told you what to do.

Yes it can be left on but that would block the other calls from other people so I will switch on and off when transmitting. Thanks for your help.

Simon

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Can you still return that thing? Doesn't sound like its worth the money you paid for it.

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted
Can you still return that thing? Doesn't sound like its worth the money you paid for it.

It may come to that I am in touch with the manufacturers.

Simon

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

did you select correct audio input device in Squawkbox.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Simon Dix 886200
Posted
Posted

Yes that is all sorted it is the fact i cannot use the keyboard for transmit which is the problem at the meoment. I am in touch with Creative and see what they come up with.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Simon