You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope + Vista?

Toby Jonothan Bennett 9941

Toby Jonothan Bennett 9941
Posted
Posted

Hiya,

I have been using VRC since I started controlling, and have recently made the effort to try and get to grips with euroscope. I am trying to use it on a computer with vista, and I have had a few problems!

I don't know whether it is the OS which is causing the problem (I am no computer genius), but everytime I try to load up any sort of sector file, even the default (demo) ones which come with the software, euroscope fails to load it up. Consequently resulting in an error message in the log.

Does anybody know of a fix, or please do tell me if there is anything obvious I could be doing wrong!

Thanks in anticipation.

Toby

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

This may be a permission problem with Vista, I have used ES and Vista for quite a while now with no problems, so suggest starting ES with all administration rights and thus hopefully allowing it to start up.

or

Are you trying to open a SCT2 file, if so ES doesnt support this so try another sector file.

non-discript self importance signature

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

some members of my vacc solved this problem installing ES in a path outside of the Program Files folder.

C:\ilovepizza\EuroScope for example

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter