You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Joystick Preference

Robb Swiatek 1015233

Robb Swiatek 1015233
Posted
Posted

Well my ancient and, until now, trusty Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick has finally kicked the bucket. And since it seems Microsoft has abandoned development and support for all of their controllers (besides the Xbox-esqe ones they offer now), I am being forced into ponying up the dough to get a new stick!

So really my question is, what controller do you have, roughly how much was it, and how do you like it?

Thanks!

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

Saitek X52 ,about 120$ and I love it.

has lots of cool buttons,looks nice,and feels very good.

f1cert.gif

Ricardo Blunda 1090955
Posted
Posted

My first FSX joystick was a Thrustmaster cheapish kinda thing. No comments, it was something like 30 euro, and broke after 6 months.

Now I have one Saitek Cyborg Evo Force - really nice stick, but I dont really feel the need for force feedback in FSX myself, but I used it previously when I was flying IL-2 (WWII combat sim) alot. Still recommended; good build quality.

For FSX I use Saitek X52 - also a really good stick, and I especially like the throttle! I feel that the joystick itself could use a bit more resistance, but I guess thats a matter of taste (the resistance on the throttle can be adjusted). Highly recommended...I paid about 130euro for mine.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I too started out on the Thrust master, but then switched to X52 after it gave out. It's definitely a good one. I use a CH Yoke now-a-days, but still the X52 sits right by me, connected in case I need to switch. Retails still for the 120USD range

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Sebastian Ayling 1020740
Posted
Posted

Saitek AV8R £25.00, yes it's great . I would by a yoke but it's that or flying lessons...

Sebastian Ayling - 1020740

xze7q.jpg

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Saitek is one of the best out there. Highly recommended.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Josiah Pfeiffer 1048661
Posted
Posted
Saitek AV8R £25.00, yes it's great . I would by a yoke but it's that or flying lessons...

I will vouge on that.

Josiah "JP" Pfeiffer

Vatsim ZSE ARTCC

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

Nobody laugh, but I use the Saitek ST290Pro. Bought it at Wal-mart for about $25.00.

It doesn't have a plethora have buttons, but it works very well. Actually the second one I've bought...the first lasted nearly 6 years before it started having some problems with...so I consider it a good buy if you don't need the 100 button job.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

why should we laugh?

if it works,great,if it doesn't,lot of other stuff to get

f1cert.gif

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Saitek X52. Works great and the support is good too.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png