You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using SquawkBox and FSINN ports

Eric Maresh 825570

Eric Maresh 825570
Posted
Posted

HI I need some help to set my ports open to use Squawkbox and FSINN on the Same Router My roommate is in to flying to online and he is using Squawkbox on his computer and I am using FSINN on my Computer but we are running off the same router but we have own IP adress for each computer so could anyone help.

Thanks

Eric Maresh

Thanks

Eric Maresh

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

1. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming a typical wire-router:

No ports at all are required to open in router to connect the client to VATSIM. Then you can do alla required VATSIM-operation with only one exception. To receive VATSIM voice continues, it is requireed to open UDP port 3290.

If you have router you normaly need manual config the router.

There are two general way to do this:

A) To open and forward port UDP 3290 to the IP-address of the PC with SB3 (or FSInn).

B) To open port UDP 3290 trigged by TCP 6809 ( 'cause SB3 does continues send messages at TCP 6809, IP-address of the PC with SB3 are not required to know).

However if you send voice, the port should automatically be hold open by the router to receive voice for a while. That mean if you push the SB3 push to talk button, you should be able to receive VATSIM voice for a while after the push (router open port timeout).

2. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming wireless router:

I dont know for sure.

3. non VATSIM operation such as possible FSInn client-to-client operation should require open ports, but im not famliar with FSInn and those options.

Take notice, software firewalls (Windows built in firewall, Antivirus built in firewall) in any of your computers may require open ports to work to operate on VATSIM.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Eric Maresh 825570
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the ports inoformtion but That is not what I was looking for can i run FSINN and SB4 one computer have FSINN on it for its own flightsim and the other computer have SB4 on its own computer the flight sim so both computer have Flight simulator on it but each of them are using SB4 and FSINN the Question here is can i run both computer at the same time when my roommate is fly and me at the same time off the same route that is my Question using both softwere of FSInn and SB4

Thanks

Eric Maresh

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the ports inoformtion but That is not what I was looking for can i run FSINN and SB4 one computer have FSINN on it for its own flightsim and the other computer have SB4 on its own computer the flight sim so both computer have Flight simulator on it but each of them are using SB4 and FSINN the Question here is can i run both computer at the same time when my roommate is fly and me at the same time off the same route that is my Question using both softwere of FSInn and SB4

With FSInn you can specify the IP Address of the computer running Flight Simulator. It can be the local computer, or any computer in your network. If you have two computers in the network and you want to run to connections to VATSIM you’ll have to specify the local computer for each instance.

This is covered on page 36, Section 4.1.1 (The ‘FSCopilot’ tab) in the manual.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Eric Maresh 825570
Posted
Posted

With FSInn you can specify the IP Address of the computer running Flight Simulator. It can be the local computer, or any computer in your network. If you have two computers in the network and you want to run to connections to VATSIM you’ll have to specify the local computer for each instance.

This is covered on page 36, Section 4.1.1 (The ‘FSCopilot’ tab) in the manual.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Thanks

L.D. James This Information help me out alot

Thanks

Eric Maresh