You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need help please with 2 video card 1G memory

Richard Boudreault 937955

Posted
Posted

Hello I have FS9 2 video card 1G memory and 2 screen.

Is it possible to run FS9 with 2 video card ( not in cross fire ) and 2 screen ?????

Thank you Richard

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

It is possible to run with 2 screens however I wouldnt run 2 cards, as FS9 doesnt support multiple graphic inputs. (I stand to be corrected if wrong.)

Cheers!

955672.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

I used FS2002 with multiple cards (3 or 4 from different types some with dual outputs from memory) and then changed to FS2004 when it went to beta, again with the same cards.

In fact thinking more about this the cards were even differnt bus types - 1 was a dual head AGP and the rest were IDE.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Posted
Posted

So it mean that I will have to connect them CROSS FIRE TO MAKE IT WORK PROPERLLY and have one main screen and the left view with the other one ?

Thank you for your answer guys !

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

The video cards are handled by the Windows operating system. You set them up in whichever order you want and then drag the panels to the appropriate screen.

As long as Windows is able to see the screen then the only limitation is your imagination.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for your fast answer BUT PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THAT I AM NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH SETTING I AM A BEGINNER IN SETTING PROGRAM. So if

I understand what I red before is that I connect my two video card together ( in CROSS FIRE) and after have to set windows ??? but how and where ??? I know I know that I have a lot of question but you were a beginner too before ??? :) so please guys be patient and one day it will be my turn to help someone :) Thank you.

Richard

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Richard,

You are correct that we all started somewhere so hopefully you should find this simple.

First step is to ignore crossfire, especially if these cards are not identical.

Simply put in the additional cards and start your computer.

Once it has started right click the desktop and go to video properties / displays where you should be able to see these additional screens.

If Windows can see and use the screens then so can FS.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Posted
Posted

Hi :) First thank you :) My 2 video cards are identical ( ASUS EAH4870 DK 1G ) I have try that the other day to right click and had the other screen by click in ( transfert desktop into this screen too ) but when I start flight sim I dont see the panel in the second screen ? ( ho men I think I will have to pay an expert to come here and fix it :( ) anyway I`ll wait again for maybe another answer from you :)

Lots of thanks I really want that thing work grrrrrrr

Richard