You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES flickers

Luca Vetturi 874351

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

Hi.

I've just bought a Samsung T240HD display (24'' lcd), which on my Ati Radeon X1300 512Mb video card can reach 1900x1200px resolution.

If the monitor is connected to the pc via VGA (blue cable), Euroscope can smoothly reach 1900x1200px resolution with no problems.

Instead, if I connect it to the pc with the DVI (white cable) interface, Euroscope will flicker at that high resolution (image appears and disappears quickly). As soon as I close Euroscope, or make it run at a simple 1280x1024, everyhing returns fine.

Do you have any idea if I can fix this issue?

Just for info, display & graphic card drivers are up to date

And just to add one more info, I get the same problem running VRC.

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well this is strange Actually it is even stranger that you have the same display flickers on VRC and EuroScope, VRC uses OpenGL, as far as I know, and ES does not use any type of API. Maybe there is something to do with the phase of refresh of both ES and VRC and the phase of refresh of your monitor using the DVI, but all of this are just speculations

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I had exactly this issue with my former Acer Travelmate 5520 Notebook and its VGA-out --> EuroScope on my 22" TFT-display flickered (disturbing, but I managed to fade it out inside my brain ).

But since I have a digital graphics output (called Mini DisplayPort on my new MacBook Pro ) it's fine.

So I think this is a kind of strange issue - which finally should not be caused by EuroScope...

Maybe there are some disturbing differences in the power supplys of your computer and the display, but I don't know enough about that to make a diagnosis here.

Regards,

Jannis

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg