You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Planning

Eric Faber

Eric Faber
Posted
Posted

I consistently have problems getting v-route to accept flight plans, so I may translate them to sqauwkbox and flight sim-x. I've been told by Michael that you should not enter SID or STARS, but airways - not vor to vor, etc. Well, I've taken flight plans generated directly off sites like FlightAware and Flightplan.com - and even SimRoutes.com - and tried to copy/paste them into v-routes flight planning section...I'd say about 90-95% of the time the flight plans are rejected by v-route! Excuse me, but if these flight plans are good enough for the real-world FAA and international usage...then why aren't they good enough for v-route???? I find this VERY frustrating. I tend to search and see what flight plans are already available on v-route; then, if it's not available I either enter it manually, or just go to SimRoutes and download - or generate a flight plan. SimRoute's system is MUCH easier and user-friendly. Come on v-route people...let's make this program more user-friendly, and less frustrating.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Eric,

nobody can help you if You did not include any examples. There's a huge group of friendly and experienced people here happy to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist, but you need to tell us what you tried to enter and what was the error message.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

+1 to Michal.

Also keep in mind Eric that unless you pay for and use the updated AIRAC cycle the route must conform to limits in place for cycle 0711, which is I believe the default cycle now. When you do submit a route and it returns errors, it is usually not a lot of trouble to correct them. I typicaly have this problem if according to 0711 an altitude is not available for a segment. A quick change to the flight levels should resolve the issue.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].