You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Registratrion Help

Samuel Gerard 936761

Samuel Gerard 936761
Posted
Posted

I've been with Vatsim for over a week and have yet to receive a welcome e-mail with my registration info for VATSIM USA. I e-mailed the webmaster and did not get a response, so I decided to post a topic in the forums. I am interested in becoming a controller and a member of VATUSA , please send me some info at either [email protected] or [email protected]. Thanks!

Samuel Gerard 936761
Posted
Posted

I already registered with North America region, and am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the United States division. I just never received an e-mial with my login info.

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

Go to www.vatusa.org and follow the lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word procedure. The database does show you as a member of VATUSA, so now all you need is the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Make sure you're using the same email address that you used when signing up for VATSIM, and that the email is not being blocked by any spam filters.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Christopher Williams 89218
Posted
Posted

Can anyone please tell me when this will be resolved. Just like everyone else the website says I am a member of the North America/U.S. division yet I have not received any e-mail with my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Also, when I click the lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word link, it says I don't exist...

Thanks,

-Chris

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

The link between the VATSIM and VATUSA servers (for lack of a more technical explanation) broke a few weeks ago, was fixed, and now seems to have broken again. I'll see if I can get the technical gurus working on it.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Samuel Gerard 936761
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I tried the lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word thing too and it didn't work, I just figured it was something with my e-mail and gave up. Be sure to post when everything is cleared up!

Posted
Posted

Yes please get this resolved ASAP. I've been waiting over a week to take the test to get started on ATC and I'm getting impatient Is there simply someone we can e-mail to just give us an account real quick?

Thanks,

-Chris

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

Jeff Thomas (VATUSA10) maintains the servers. I'm not going to reproduce his email here because of spam concerns, but click here and then click on his name.

I am actually fairly sure now that the server is not broken entirely because some new controllers have recently joined my ARTCC, but it does look like some people aren't getting added to the VATUSA database for some reason. The only guy who can fix this, as far as I'm aware, is Jeff Thomas.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Posted
Posted

I e-mailed Jeff a couple days ago so I'm hoping he'll reply soon. Thanks for the help.

-Chris

Guido Cappuccilli 937079
Posted
Posted

Hi all.

I am newbie pilot and I have the same problem.

I also tried to update my email on my VATSIM account to check if it could re-trigger the registration at VATUSA but it didin't work.

And today VATUSA website seems to be down.

Looking forward for good news.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Guido

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

Unless you're interested in controlling, you don't need to be a member of VATUSA. For pilots, having a VATSIM account that allows you to connect to the servers is enough.

The VATUSA website is having some issues and these are being discussed literally as I'm typing. It should be back shortly. Jeff Thomas, the administrator I mentioned above, is on vacation so it may take awhile for prospective controllers to hear back from him. If you are interested in controlling, my recommendation would be to email the facility chief of the center to which you'd like to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned, and see if it's possible to start the initial training process while you're waiting. For example, at my facility, you have to complete a written exam before doing anything, and many people fail it the first time, in which case there's a 7-day waiting period before you can take it again. There are similar rules in other facilities, and/or instructors aren't always available at the drop of a hat. Might as well start the process while you're waiting to hear back from Jeff.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Michael McClelland 810907
Posted
Posted

I've also been informed by new controllers that certain spam-blockers will prevent you from receiving your VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word if you do not allow email from VATUSA. Your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is sent by an automated system, so there isn't a human who is going to fill out a request for access. You might also want to allow access for the Facility Chief of the ARTCC you plan to join. You'll be getting a lot of very important email from this individual.

Michael McClelland

Michael McClelland

ZMA-C3

Robert Cosgrove 936059
Posted
Posted

I have been having the same problem, i posted this over at VATUSA forums but since the webpage went down I though it might of gotten deleted, I have signed up for region North America and Divsion United States, waited about a week but never got an e-mail, checked all my spam filters nothing. If possible could I get a contact to help me sort out this problem? E-Mail below and in profile.

Thanks in Advance.

Bobby Cosgrove

sigBCosgrove-1year.png

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
I e-mailed Jeff a couple days ago so I'm hoping he'll reply soon. Thanks for the help.

-Chris

I was the previous webmaster and still have access. I found a data issue and have corrected it. I have also verified your account is now in the system. You should have received an email.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Posted
Posted

Just got the e-mail. Thank you sir for your help!

-Chris

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
I've been with Vatsim for over a week and have yet to receive a welcome e-mail with my registration info for VATSIM USA. I e-mailed the webmaster and did not get a response, so I decided to post a topic in the forums. I am interested in becoming a controller and a member of VATUSA , please send me some info at either [email protected] or [email protected]. Thanks!

Your in the system now as well.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted

IDs 937079 and 936059 are in the system now as well. You should have received an email with your vatusa p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Robert Cosgrove 936059
Posted
Posted

Got it! Thank you very much!

Bobby Cosgrove

sigBCosgrove-1year.png

Guido Cappuccilli 937079
Posted
Posted

Got confirmation and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Thank you very much for your work.

Guido