You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saving settings and Profiles in Euroscope

Kenneth Park 1084266

Kenneth Park 1084266
Posted
Posted

Tried clicking every save button many times without success ... I'm driving the computer crazy! I might be saving but I'm not retrieving my settings or profiles even when I find my named and saved file. Just starting with Euroscope latest version. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

PS looks likes a great program ... would like to start moving forward.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Do some troubleshooting, unclick the auto save and auto load options from the menu, close ES, if asked save the file with some name. Start ES and load that final file you just saved. Does ES loads the correct settings?

Kenneth Park 1084266
Posted
Posted

Many thanks Todor,

Will do and reply. Appreciate your help.

Ken

Kenneth Park 1084266
Posted
Posted

OK Todor here's what happened. Disabled auto saves as instructed. Asked to save on exit .asr file which I named Ken1Profile.asr On reload asked to OK Ken1 which I did . Came up as default, known because

the only thing I set was GEO and it didn't re-appear. I took .png copies that may be helpful in your diagnoses but how do I send them to you?

Thanks,

Ken

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

send them to bul_staff(at)abv.bg

Kenneth Park 1084266
Posted
Posted

Thanks to Todor for solving the "Display Saving" issues I was having. For any other new user that runs into this here's the answer:

The .asr file that comes with the program must be saved first before it can be used. So when the default .asr appears for saving,

"Open SCT" button at top of your screen and hit "Save As". Then close ES and open it again and load the saved default .asr.

Now you will be able to manipulate that .asr file as you wish with your Display Settings for future use.