You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New vACC: FPvACC - French Polynesia

Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

I am pleased to announce the introduction of VATPAC's first vACC [Area Control Center].

The FPvACC is in French Polynesia and under the juristiction of VATPAC but run independently by our own Board. I am the local director and will be recruiting staff to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in building up this vACC.

The French Polynesia region consists of a magnificent group of 118 islands divided into 5 archipelagoes spread over 4,000km2, an area larger than all of Europe. The five archipelagoes are:-

Society Islands, Tuamotu Islands, Marquesas Islands, Australs Islands and Gambier Islands.

A huge OCEANIC Flyin is planned for the weekend of April 18th and April 19th to mark this, our first vACC, further details will be supplied at the right time.

Please take a moment to visit our website, drop a note in the forum to let me know that you have checked in with his site. We are now accepting members to become Pilots and ATC. If you have any questions or inquires, contact Terry Scanlan (VATOCE1), or myself. Expect ATC on a daily basis, whether you're up for a VFR, or a Long Haul, don't hesitate flying to Tahiti.

Charts: https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/uk/AIP%20PAC-PAD2sectionframeset.htm

Enroute Charts: https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/AIP%20PAC-P/ENR/6/0904_ENR-6.1.pdf

Ia Ora Na | Welcome !

New York ARTCC

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Good luck with the French Polynesian vACC Sebastian, you have put a lot of work into bringing this to fruition.

Terry Scanlan

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Thanks Terry, remember, without you, this wouldn't be possible either

New York ARTCC

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! Welcome to Oceania Seb, have you met the boys already? You know TS...

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Best of luck with your new venture Sebastien - Site looks good

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Good luck Sebastien, look forward to working closely with you.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gentlemen.

Romano.... Ohhhh trust me, I have !

There's a few administrative things to take care of, but expect ATC and movements in the area in a few days.

New York ARTCC

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

If so, that's great! So I bet you had a good laugh aye, see you there sometimes. Again congratulations with French Polynesia vACC, another great addition to our ever growing region.

Romano Lara

Adam White 1051448
Posted
Posted

Good to hear French Polynesia vACC is up. Looking forward to do ATC over their.

ZLA Pilot Cert I11

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Well Adam, are you looking to become a member or visiting controller?

New York ARTCC

Arjun Murthy 1051343
Posted
Posted

As you may have heard before Sebastian, excellent job.

Excellent job to you too Terry. A change in VATPAC that will be well appreciated.

Arjun

Adam White 1051448
Posted
Posted
Well Adam, are you looking to become a member or visiting controller?

If possible I like to be visitor controller.

ZLA Pilot Cert I11

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Adam,

The VATPAC division is responsible for administration of 'Visiying Controller' applications so you will need to contact their training department to discuss this.

Send an email to training(at)vatpac.org and apply for 'Visiting Controller'.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Yes Adam, like Terry stated above, VATPAC will have to take the necessary steps for visiting controllers for the moment. Until FPvACC grows a bit more and everything is nice in it's place, it will be someone at VATPAC who will do the necessary. But, after that, you will put into the hands of someone here at FPvACC who will do the necessary with you.

But if you do have any questions regarding the actual airspace and what not, and not any of the administrative things, contact me, but for the more important stuff, send an email to the one Terry provided above.

New York ARTCC

Adam White 1051448
Posted
Posted
Adam,

The VATPAC division is responsible for administration of 'Visiying Controller' applications so you will need to contact their training department to discuss this.

Send an email to training(at)vatpac.org and apply for 'Visiting Controller'.

When I ask to be controller visitor would it be for Australia or FPvACC?

ZLA Pilot Cert I11

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

You will apply under VATPAC but you'll be registered under FPvACC if that's your choice, send an application to that addy Terry gave you.

Romano Lara

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

You would control in French Polynesia, but VATPAC has to take charge of you for the moment

New York ARTCC

Adam White 1051448
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks, I sent the email to VATPAC.

ZLA Pilot Cert I11

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

It is for the VATPAC area which includes FP so you will need to know procedures for Australia and then FP as well.

Terry Scanlan