Where can I get Sector Files?

Hi,

I'm new to VATSIM and was looking forward to observing for a while after having configured my software environment. It's really frustrating not to have the UK Website available as I can't really do anything without sector files.

Is it possible to obtain UK sector files from anywhere else during the Website's absence?

Cheers.

Hi Gareth / Stuart,

Thanks for your replies.

Having only joined on the 26th March I actually have never seen the VATSIM-UK Website, as Gareth rightly spotted. I know that I need to take up some training but have no details (idea) on how this might be accomplished without the information from the Website.

Manchester would be my natural choice for the area I'd like to control but having observed for a couple of days ( I have a UK sector file) there seems to be little or no traffic moving in and out of that area at the moment so I'm not sure what good it would do me to observe Manchester. Everything seems to be happening around London.

Is it even possible to start any sort of training without the UK Website and if so can you point me in the right direction? I don't really want to just observe forever

Cheers,

Neil.

Manchester would be my natural choice for the area I'd like to control but having observed for a couple of days ( I have a UK sector file) there seems to be little or no traffic moving in and out of that area at the moment

Evidently you didn't see it this evening

In any event, Northern RTS is the one you want for Manchester, and I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you, there is plenty of traffic usually. If you are interested, drop by our temporary forums, where we have some backups of the sector files;

http://www.joplin.me.uk/nrts/index.php

If you do decide to take up controlling at Manchester, I look forward to hearing from you.

generate.php?cid=1021575

0.png