You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Group chat

Jonas Eberle

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to open a chat that sends and receives messages to/from multiple ATC/pilots? I was used to it in VRC, and thought

.chat DFA DFN

would do the job, but that opens 2 chatboxes.

It would be handy to discuss things in a group of controllers, like ATIS-letters with VRC-users, runway change, or chatter specific to one airfield. Also think of a trainer or examiner, the trainee and an adjacent controller where all communication should be shared.

If that is not included, would you add it?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

As far as I remember this feature has never been asked. I will register it, but to be honest we are just cutting out even our ideas to be able to come up with a public release soon.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good point, Jonas! For me this feature would also be a great help during busy events. We try to coordinate via Teamspeak, but often enough one or more controllers have to mute themselves in heavy traffic. So this group chat feature would be a great help. (To be honest, I always thought it is implemented somehow, and that I am just too stupid to use it...)

Alex

Edited by Guest

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Thanks for concerning it.

EuroScope is an amazing program, I am thankful for what we have here.